Chapter Three

It was now Friday and I was lost in thought at what was to come tomorrow on my date with Lee.

We've been texting a lot these past couple days, just getting to know each other and stuff. He told me apart from soccers he likes to go on runs, read, watch reality tv shows and cook.

We even had lunch together twice since Monday. The first time it was in the school cafeteria with Anissa and Marcus but the second time Lee brought me to this cute cafe near school and bought me a delicious sandwich and a coffee. We had spent the whole lunch having fun and laughing.

He's a very honest and adorable person and I am developing a massive crush on him. It's weird how we had mutual friends but we never became more than acquaintances until now.

"Hey Arabella." Declan who was sitting on my left whispered and I turned to him.

"Yeah?" I asked. "Can you help me with this number I don't understand." He said sheepishly and I smiled with a nod.

"You would have understood if you listened to what the teacher said before instead of writing those notes." I said as I was reading over the number he didn't get.

"Oops?" He replied back and I softly laughed

"What are those anyways?" I asked curiously.

"Oh their uh notes to ask my girlfriend to prom." He said embarrassingly and I awed at him. "I'm planning on putting them on her desk in each class Monday and than at the end of the day I'll ask."

"That's a really cute idea." I praised him and he grinned proudly.

It was now lunch time and me and Anissa sat at our usual table with a few other mutual friends around.

"So how are things with Lee? Did he tell you where he's taking you?" Anissa asked. She was really exited about me and Lee.

"Uh yeah. He said we'll have lunch at some diner and than take a walk or something." I said softly not wanting the rest of the table to know about it.

"Awww! That's so cute I'm so exited for you!" Anissa exclaimed and I shushed her as some of the people glanced at us but than went back to their conversation.

"I'm really nervous about the date." I said fiddling with my hands.

"Why?" Anissa asked.

"I don't know. I'm scared, what if I mess up and he realize he doesn't like me or something?" I asked with anxiety in my tone.

"Don't worry Bella, Lee is already crazy about you. Marcus told me he keeps talking about you every chance he gets. And you guys already had that small lunch date at the cafe and you told me how fun it was and how he even hugged you before going to class!" Anissa said with a smile.

"I guess you're right. But it's normal to be nervous before a date right?" I said and Anissa nodded.

"Yeah but I know for a fact you'll have lot of fun!" She grinned and I smiled back.

I felt much better and less nervous after talking to my best friend and now my mind was at ease.

The rest of the day passed by in a blur and I was now waiting for Lee outside of the school since he said he'll give me a ride back home.

I was checking something on my phone when someone tapped my shoulder. Smiling I turned around but when I saw the person my face dropped.

"Rosie?" I asked curiously.

"Hey... you're Arabella right?" She asked while wringing her hands together and I nodded.

"I just... I just wanted to make sure that you know I didn't meant to ruin your relationship with Jace. I knew he was in a relationship and despite my feelings I still stayed friends with him spent a lot of time with him." She said anxiously and I smiled at her.

"It's okay. I know you or Jace didn't mean for this to happen. But it did and I'm okay with it now. I'm happy for you guys." I told her with a smile.

"Woah. I'm kinda surprised I thought you would go crazy on me. Like those psycho ex-girlfriends in the movies." She chuckled and I laughed with her.

"Arabellaaaa!" I heard from a distance and I turned to see Lee jogging towards me with a grin and I smiled and waved him over.

"Oh! Rosie right?" Lee said surprised once he noticed her next to me.

"Yep. I'll let you guys be now. Bye Arabella."
Rosie said while waving goodbye and left.

"What were you guys talking about?" Lee asked curiously as we walked to his car.

"Girl stuff." I said and he laughed while rolling his eyes but he let go of the topic.

We talked about our day while he drove and I couldn't help but stare at him. He had messy black hair and pale skin with black eyes. He also had very visible dimples that made him look adorable.

"Did you know you've been staring at me?" He gave me a cheeky smile as my face flushed and I looked out of the window.

"W-well you have a cute face!" I blurted out and he blushed while muttering a thanks.

"I'll pick you up at one tomorrow is that good with you?" He asked and I nodded excitedly.

"Ouch!" I yelped as my head bumped while I was getting out of the car. I heard Lee hurriedly get out of the car and jog over to me while I was rubbing my head.

"Are you okay?" He said while removing my hands to replace them by his.

"It hurts." I whimpered and he worriedly looked at my red face. He brought one of his hand to wipe the corner of my eyes that teared up.

"Don't cry precious!" He said softly tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Precious?" I murmured.

"Yep cause you're a very precious girl." He said while cupping my still red face from the pain and embarrassment.

"Are you okay now?" He asked softly while looking into my eyes and I nodded meekly.

"You're so clumsy." He chuckled and I hit his shoulder.

"It was an accident!" I whined.

"I know I know. But be careful from now on okay?" He said ruffling my hair and I nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He said and with a final pat on my head he drove off as I started at the back of his car with a fond smile.