Chapter Eight

"Does this look good?" Anissa asked as she stepped out of the changing room to show me the dress she had tried on.

"I think it's a little too flashy." I said once I looked her over. She was wearing a long red dress with a slit but it was a little too bright.

"You're right." She sighed.

"Here try this on I found it while you were changing." I told her giving her the dress and shooed her back into the changing room.

She came out with a huge smile and I copied her expression.

"You look amazing! This is the dress!" I said and took her hand to twirl her around and she giggled.

"Thanks Bella!" She exclaimed while looking at herself in the mirror. The long dark blue dress was sparkly with thin straps and a slit. It fit perfectly showing all her curves and her light blue eyes were shining brightly.

"Now we can finally go home!" She said. "But first let's get some food."

I agreed with her and waited outside of the store while she changed and went to pay for her dress. I had already bought my dress, the second I saw it I knew I wanted it.

And fortunately it fit perfectly.

As Anissa and I ate our subway sandwiches I suddenly felt very lucky to have a best friend like her.

She was everything I could possibly ask for.

She's the person who I can lean on whenever I felt like I had no one.

She's the person I can tell my secrets to without hesitation.

She's the one who's always been there for me since day one.

She's one of the person that I loved the most in this world.

One of my favourite things about her was her carefree but fierce personality.

"What are you thinking about with that smile? Lee?" Anissa chuckled bringing me out of my thoughts.

"No actually. I was thinking about how lucky I am to have a friend as amazing as you." I grinned at her.

"Whatever." Anissa said covering her red cheeks with her hands and I laughed.

"It's true though. I'm so grateful for you and I should start telling you more often how much I love you." I continued to tease her as her face went even more red.

"You and Mason are the same! Always saying cheesy stuff like that out of nowhere to make me embarrassed!" She huffed. "But I love you too."

"How's your dad?" I asked her as we finished up our food and started heading out.

"He's getting better. He's going to come home next week." She said with a relived smile.

"I'm glad he's recovering well." I told her and grabbed her hand to give it a squeeze.

Anissa's dad Alaric collapsed a few weeks ago and his condition hasn't been that well. I've visited him with Anissa a couple of times and despite everything he was going through he still had a smile on his face to reassure everyone who was worried for him.

Like father like daughter.

"How are you?" I asked her knowingly. She's been so stressed because of her dad and the finals that are coming up but she's very good at hiding it and hates talking about her own problems.

"I'm good." She said with a smile and I raised my eyebrows at her. "Fine maybe I'm not exactly "good" but I'm feeling better than I was two weeks ago. Mason's been sleeping over since mom's at the hospital most nights and he's been helping me relax and study."

"You too you know. You're constantly checking up on how I'm doing every three hours and that's been reassuring because I know that someone cares this much." She said with a thankful face.

"That's my job as a best friend." I said as we sat down at the bus stop to wait for the next bus that's going stop in our neighbourhood.

When the bus came we made our way to the back like usual. As I took my seat I noticed the lady who was a few seat away from us was sweating profusely.

I frowned and asked her if she was okay and she gave me a nod and told me she was fine. I kept looking at her in the corner of my eye to make sure she was going to be okay as Anissa and I continued our conversation.

"Miss are you sure you're okay?" I asked once again as she started breathing heavily.

"I—I.." she couldn't even speak!

"Hey! Stop the bus and call an ambulance!" I yelled.

"The next stop is the hospital it'll be faster make sure she's breathing." Anissa told me then went to the front to talk to the bus driver.

"Miss try to control your breathing okay?" I told her not knowing what else to say.

As the bus stoped at the hospital, Anissa and I helped the lady out of the bus and walked towards the emergency entrance.

"Hold on miss." I tried to reassure her but I didn't think she could hear me at this point. She was growing fainter and fainter the more we walked.

"Help!" We yelled as we entered the hospital and immediately a nurse came and took her from our arms and led her towards a bed and wheeled her to a room.

We followed the nurse but were ushered to wait in the waiting room.

About thirty minutes later the nurse came out with the doctor and we rushed to them.

"Is she going to be okay?" I asked and the doctor nodded.

"We think she was having a panic attack and she's anemic so that was also part of it." The doctor said and we nodded.

"What about her family?" Anissa asked.

"We contacted her son he's going to be here soon in the meantime we'll move her to another room and then if you want you guys can see her." He replied and we nodded.

"I need to go home Bella. Mom is home tonight and she asked me to be back by seven." She said.

"Okay. I'll stay here till her son comes. My mom is here too so maybe I'll go see her when she has a break." I told her and she gave me a hug, grabbed both of our shopping bags telling me she'll give it when she comes over next time so I won't have to carry it around the hospital and left.

After the lady who's name I found out was Yuna Park was led to a single room to rest I went in and sat on the guest chair.

I was scrolling through my phone when she woke up.

"W-where am I?" She murmured and I got up from the chair.

"Hi Ms Park, you're in the hospital. Your son is going to be here soon though so don't worry!" I tried to reassure her as panic flashed in her eyes.

"Who are you?" She asked after I gave her a glass of water to drink.

"Ah! My name is Arabella we were in the same bus. My friend and I brought you here." I replied and set the glass of water on the table.

"Arabella? That's a pretty name. Thank you for helping me." She smiled and I beamed back.

Just as I was about to say something someone burst into the room.

"Lee?"