Chapter Seventeen

The next morning I woke up to kisses being pressed all over my face. I stirred and opened my eyes to see Lee smiling at me.

"Good morning Precious."

"Morning." I mumbled and cuddled back in his chest to sleep some more.

He softly chuckled and ran his hand through my hair.

"I think you got a text message." He said while playing with my hair.

I turned around to grab my phone that was laying next to me and checked it.

Sweetie, can you come back before I have to go to work?

I looked at the time and realized it was 8:34 and mom was leaving at 9:15 for her shift.

"I have to go home." I groaned and Lee frowned.

"What why?" He whined and I explained to him.

"Can't you at least have breakfast here?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No or else I'll be late." I said with a pout and he smiled and kissed my lips.

"Okay I'll drop you off after we're both ready." He said and we got out of bed.

After we got dressed and freshened up we made our way downstairs when something caught my eye.

I looked at the half open door of Kai's room to see that the sleeping bag on the ground was abandoned and that both boys were sleeping on the bed cuddling.

My heart warmed at the adorable sight.

"You coming?" Lee asked from the stairs and I snapped out of it and followed him down.

Once Lee started the car he settled his hand on my thigh just like last night and I smile putting my hand over his.

"Did you have fun?" He asked while rubbing circles with his thumb.

"Yeah you're family is great. And Kai and Nicolas are so adorable." I said and he nodded with a smile.

"Yeah I'm glad they found each other. Kai usually never brings friends over and only plays with a few kids at school so seeing him so close with another kid was good. And Nicolas seems so shy but he's really protective of Kai too and I'm glad someone's ready to throw punches for my little brother." He said and I hummed in agreement.

After a couple of minutes of us talking we arrived at my house. Lee gave me a toe curling kiss before telling me to text him and left with a smirk on his face while I was red as a tomato.

"Hey mom." I said as I entered the house and sat across from her.

She slid the envelope to me and I curiously opened it.

You are invited to the wedding of Alexander Miller & Mackenzie Lamell

I blinked at the invitation card before looking at my mom.

"I'm sorry mom..." I whispered and grabbed her hand.

"It's okay. That's why they came to the house the other day right? To tell you about the wedding?" Mom asked.

"Yes." I said. They did come for the wedding but I wasn't about to tell her he proposed right here.

"Are you going to go?" She asked me getting up and setting her dishes in the sink.

"I don't know." I replied.

"You should sweetheart. This is your father and you should be there to share that moment with him." My mom said with a small smile.