Chapter Twenty One

I was walking towards Lee's house hoping he was home. He hadn't answered any of my texts and when I asked Marcus he told me Lee was at home.

I was worried because Lee always replied quickly to my texts. I've been trying to reach him for three hours and I might sound clingy but I couldn't help but think something was wrong.

I reached their house and nervously rang the doorbell hoping it wasn't going to be his dad who'll answer.

I liked his dad but I'm terribly awkward when it came to intimidating adults. And Lee's dad is very intimidating.

But it wasn't him who answered the door.

"Nicolas?" I said, looking down at the small figure who was awkwardly looking up at me.

"Oh hello." He waved as I stood on the porch of Lee's house.

"May I come in?" I asked with a smile and he nodded moving aside so I could walk into the house.

"Ia Lee home? And why are you answering the door?" I asked.

"Well Kai's parents went out somewhere important. Lee is babysitting Kai and Kai asked for me to come over and now he's in the bathroom and Lee is in his room so I answered the door." He explained slowly pushing up his adorable glasses that were slowly slipping down his nose and I nodded.

"Oh okay! I'll go upstairs once Kai comes back." Just as I said that Kai came into the hallway with a huge grin.

"Bella!" He said and enthusiastically waved at me.

"Hello little guy." I said and waved back.

"I'll go see Lee now you two have fun and call us if you need something." I said as they went back to the living to watch the cartoon they were watching before I came in.

I climbed the stairs up to Lee's room and knocked on the door.

"What?" Lee grumbled tiredly and I furrowed my eyebrows at his voice.

I opened the door and stepped in to see him laying on the bed with his arm covering his eyes.

"Lee?" I asked hesitantly as I stepped closer. "Are you okay?"

He removed his arm and looked at me surprised.

"What are you doing here?" He asked but scooted away to make some space for me.

I crawled in next to him and turned to face him.

"You look tired." I murmured tracing his cheek.

"Mhmm." He hummed and closed his eyes as I started stroking his hair.

"Is something the matter?" I asked and he shook his head.

"It's nothing." He murmured burying his face in the crook of my neck and I frowned.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" I said and he sighed.

"My mom is sick again." He said and I frowned.

"What happened?" I asked softly while softly running my hand through his hair.

"She keeps getting stressed over her job and her boss is a dick who's always making her overwork. She's skipping meals and then she almost passed out again!" He said while tightening his arms around my waist.

I massaged the back of his head and his body slowly became less and less tense.

"Why didn't you want to tell me?" I asked him.