Chapter 3

Zhan stood in the balcony of the house which they said was his. The wind gently blew, ruffling his soft hair. Zhan took a deep breath, that filled his lungs, and let it out. His mind was soo occupied. He couldn't process the things that were going on. He was doing fine just minutes ago, but what on earth is happening now? How did he come to 1988 from 2020? Was all those things that he saw and experienced in 2020 just a dream?

Zhan heaved a long sigh.

"I just can't understand what's going on. Wait! I think I have an idea. Let me check if this is a dream or not. " Saying so, Zhan walked back to the room which Yanli had said was his.

He took a sharp blade from the bathroom shelf.
'Let me cut my skin and see if it bleeds and hurts. ' Zhan thought as he drew the sharp blade over his palm.
"Ouch! " Zhan let out a sharp cry when the blade cut his skin as the blood oozed out.
'So, this isn't a dream! ' Zhan thought as he searched for a first aid box.

"Wait! Let me calm down first and think with a clear mind. " Zhan said taking care of the cut on his palm.

"I was in 2020 and now I'm in 1988. They said all the things I saw in 2020 was nothing but a dream. But how could that be possible? " Zhan thought as he wrapped a bandage over the cut.

"I remember almost every incident which happened in my life right from my birth in 1998. I almost remember everything that happened in my 22 year life. But how did I suddenly come back to 1988? " Zhan scratched his head, messing his hair.

"If I was that Xian as they said, and if everything that I saw and experienced as Xiao Zhan was just a dream, then I should remember something about my life as Xian. But why don't I remember anything? " Zhan shook his head.

"I don't remember anything that happened in Xian's life because I'm not Xian and I'm Xiao Zhan. There's no way that all that happened in my life is a dream. But this isn't a dream either... So... " Zhan stood up as he paced around his bedroom.

"There are only two things that might have happened. One is that either one of this is a dream. But it's hard for me to believe that the future I had been in was a dream and it's impossible for this to be a dream either, because the feelings and pain I'm experiencing now is real. So that option is ruled out. " Zhan said in a confident tone.

"The other thing is Time Travel. Yes! That is it. This is exactly like how I have seen in dramas. I time travelled from 2020 to 1988. But why? Why did I come to 1988 from 2020? Why did I take over Xian's body? I have never thought that these things such as time travel will really happen. But why's it happening to me? How do I back? I'll have to find out the answer by myself and to do that, I'll first have to learn about this boy called Xian. " Zhan said in a determined voice as he crossed his hands against his chest.

"But let me sleep now. I'm really tired. My brain has worked hard today. " Saying so Zhan jumped on the bed.

'But who's this Wang Yibo? I clearly remember drawing his portrait before going to meet Zhuocheng. And he's the guy who invaded my dreams with a sad look on his face. But... Why did this guy from 1988 appear in my dreams in 2020? Why did I time travel right after painting his portrait? ' Zhan thought as he slowly drifted to sleep.

........................................................................

Zhan woke up late in the afternoon the following day. He yawned as he lazily sat up on bed stretching his body. He extended his hand to the night stand with his sleepy eyes. He searched for something and that was when he realised something else.

"Aish! I'm still in 1988. That means I can't use my cellphone anymore. God! How am I going to survive without my phone? " Zhan whined as he got up from his bed and walked towards the bathroom to have a shower.