Chapter 21

Wang Yibo's POV

August 5th, 1992

Screams, chaos, cries, shattered pieces of glass, blood, and my Zhan who lay lifeless in my arms.

This isn't true right? Zhan, you aren't leaving me like this right?

"Zhan.... Wake up... " I whispered and gently shook his body but he didn't respond.

"Zhan... Stop scaring me... " My voice, was shaky. My entire body was.

"A-Zhan... " Yanli jie started crying bitterly and so did others.

"Zhan... Look at h-how they're crying. Don't make them cry, Zhan. Wake up now... " Tears kept flooding my eyes.

I shook his body again, yet he stayed in my arms, not moving a single muscle.

My heart was thumping sooo hard against my chest that it was hurting beyond imagination. I just kept looking at his pale blood stained face. How can he look beautiful even at this moment?

Sirens were heard indicating the arrival of the white vehicle. Two men dressed in white took him away from me and placed him on the stretcher. I followed him inside and sat beside him.

I held his hand tight, never wanting to let it go. One men started applying pressure on his chest and it made me angry.

"Stop hurting him. He's already wounded badly! He's sleeping right now, why are you disturbing his sleep? " I yelled at him.

Your just sleeping right, Zhan? Yes, I know. You must be tired. So, yo-you're taking a nap.

We soon arrived at the hospital. Zhan was rushed into the ER and I ran with him, never letting go of his hand, but the doctors in their pushed me aside. They pushed me away from my Zhan.

I stood there watching their movements, but it didn't take long for them to cover his beautiful face with the white bedsheet.

"What the hell are you doing? " I yelled at them and tried to uncover his face but I was stopped by a force. I turned around to see who it was. It was Seungyoun and Yixuan who had held me tight. They were crying. They were crying bitterly.

"Yibo... " Seungyoun hugged me tight.

"Wh-Why? He's jus-just sleeping. He'll wake up s-soon... " I said, but my voice come out just as a whisper.

"A-Zhan! " Yanli jie came running in and stood beside Zhan's bed crying her heart out.

I slowly walked towards her and stood beside her. My hand travelled to that white bedsheet. I pulled it down to see his beautiful sleeping face.

"Zhan... Aren't you done yet? Stop sleeping and wake up now. " I said but he didn't respond.

"Zhan... I'm begging you... Please don't do this to me... Please don't leave me... Zhan... Don't go... Please... " My legs gave up and I collapsed on my knees. My hands were shaking and my body was trembling. It hurt. I was feeling suffocated. I... I couldn't breathe... And that's when I gave up and started crying bitterly.

Jie hugged me tight and tried to console me, but no one could. I lost my life. I lost my world. I lost everything. How could I not cry?
How could I?

"Zhan... I love you... I love you sooo much... " I said in between sobs...

"Xiao Zhan... Wi-Will you ma-marry me, p-please? "
"Please marry me, Zhan... Please marry me... Zhan.... "

........................................................................

It was almost twelve in the noon, but I still lay on the bed with my eyes closed. I didn't want to wake up. I didn't want to wake up to this world where my Zhan isn't with me.