Chapter 10

The rain floated in gentle waves as the cool breeze which made the droplets dance sounded like a sweet melody along with the pitter patter of the tiny drops

Yibo stood there waiting for Zhan amidst the heavy rain. He was being shielded by an umbrella. The sky was tar black and the surrounding looked pitch black except for Yibo, who shone in the darkness.

Zhan stood still, without moving a muscle, engrossed in looking at the most beautiful scenery of his life.

Yibo slowly walked towards Zhan and stood in front of him.
Zhan just stared into Yibo's beautiful black orbs without speaking a word.
And that was the time when Zhan realized whom his heart beat for.

"You'll catch a cold if you drench in rain. " Yibo said looking into Zhan's alluring black orbs.

Zhan took a step forward and stood close to Yibo and Yibo moved the umbrella a bit forward, so as to sheild Zhan from the cold wet weather.

"Jie said that you forget to carry the umbrella, so---- "

"Why are you doing this, Yibo? " Yibo's words were cut off by Zhan's question.

Yibo was confused by Zhan's question.

"You didn't have an umbrel--- "

"Just stop it, Yibo. Please. Stop. It. " Zhan said in a shaky voice.

"Stop what, Zhan? " Yibo knew what Zhan was referring to, but he still wanted to hear it from Zhan himself.

"I'm not falling for you, Yibo. No matter how hard you try, I'll never fall in love with you. " Zhan said looking at Yibo's handsome face.

"Why's that, Zhan? I'm I not worthy enough for your love? " Yibo asked in a low tone.

"It's because I'm not worthy enough for your love. " Zhan said in a strong yet weak voice.

"Zhan, it's not like what you think. " Yibo tried convincing Zhan.

"It is, Wang Yibo. It is exactly like what I think. I avoided you soo much. It was evident that I was ignoring you. Yet, why are you still being this persistent? Why are you doing this Yibo? " Zhan said looking at Yibo with his glassy eyes.

Yibo was taken aback on seeing Zhan's tear filled eyes.

"I can never love you, Yibo. I can never. So, please stop confusing me. " A tear escaped Zhan's eyes.

"Zhan... " Yibo lifted his hand up to wipe off the tear, but his hand was stopped mid way by Zhan's.

"Don't do this, Yibo. Please don't do this. " Zhan said.

"This isn't my life, Yibo. This isn't. This isn't where I belong. " Zhan broke down.

"This is Xian's life and I can't use it to my liking. I'll have to return to where I came from one day. What will you do then? " Zhan asked.