Chapter 23

The tiny droplets rolled down Zhan's soft skin, his clothes stuck to his body, the cold wind made him shiver until an umbrella shielded him making him feel that familiar warmth after an year.

Zhan stood still. He wanted to turn around and see if it really was that man for whom his heart beat for. But, he was scared. He was scared of getting disappointed again.

'How can it be him? What if it is him? What if it isn't him? ' Zhan tried evaluating an answer for his thoughts and that's when he heard that voice, the voice which always sounded like a sweet melody to his ears.

"I'll be the one to always hold the umbrella for you, Zhan. No matter what, I'll always be there next to you whenever it rains, so that you won't drench in rain and catch a cold. "

The voice sent a tickling sensation down his spine. He felt butterflies in his belly and his heart raced, making him feel alive.

Zhan really wanted to turn around, but he was scared to face the reality.
'What if it isn't him? '
His brain kept supplying him that one question.

But, he was in no position to listen to his brain as his heart kept thumping every hard against his chest, threatening him that jump out if he doesn't turn.

Zhan took a deep breath to calm himself before closing his eyes and turning around slowly.

Yibo exactly knew what Zhan was going through. He didn't believe it himself when he first stepped into this world, when he walked into the other dimension just to see his love again.

Yibo stood there patiently waiting for Zhan to take sometime to calm him brain and heart.

Yibo's lips curled up when he saw Zhan turn around slowly with his eyes closed. He wanted to hug Zhan tight and tell him that he was really there, but at the same time he didn't want to freak him out.

Yibo took another step closer to Zhan so that Zhan could feel him even better.

Zhan who had closed his eyes felt the warmth before him getting a bit closer, making him feel even warmer in that ice chilling condition.

'Dream? Isn't this one? Yes, this is a dream. '
Zhan tried convincing himself even before he could open his eyes.
'I don't want to wake up. Please let me see his face just once. Please. '
Zhan prayed.

Zhan slowly opened his eyes. He had hung his head low, so the first thing that he saw was the white-red canvas shoes that the person standing in front of him was wearing.

His eyes slowly moved up to the blue torn jeans and then to the white tee-shirt that person was wearing. The figure looked very familiar. How can Zhan forget that body structure which was his source of warmth in cold chilly days, which was his pillar of emotional support, those hands and chest which was his pillow at night, those arms which used to pull him to a warm embrace, which used to carry him to bath everyday, those legs which used to intertwine with his when sleeping and that voice which echoed the words of love, care, trust, worry and warmth everyday.

Tears trickled down Zhan's eyes as he lifted his head to look at that face, which was the only thing that he wanted to see before giving up on everything.

And there stood his man, the one for whom his heart beat, the only person for whom he breathed everyday in the hope that he'll get to see him again

Yibo smiled at Zhan as a tear escaped his eyes. Zhan lifted his trembling hand with great difficulty and took it to Yibo's face. He wiped the tear with his cold fingers and gently caressed his cheek.

"Why does this dream feel soo real? " Zhan gave a low sad chuckle.

"Yibo... You look soo handsome even in this dream... " Zhan said as tears flooded his eyes.

Yibo gave a sad smile as he wiped Zhan's tears.

Yibo was about to take his hand away when Zhan held it tight against his face. He then leaned his face against Yibo's warm palm.

"This dream... It feels soo real... How I wish I can stay here forever... " Zhan said in a low voice.

"Zhan... " Yibo called in a low voice.

"Yes... I know you'll leave once I wake up... So... I don't want to wake up at all... Will you stay with me if I don't wake up? " Zhan asked.

"Zhan... This isn't---- "

"I miss you, Yibo... Please come to me... I really miss you... " Zhan broke down.
"I'm sorry for leaving you... I shouldn't have left you... How am I supposed to live without you? " Zhan cried bitterly.

Yibo's heart clenched and he felt an immense pain seeing the love of his life cry in front of him.

Yibo didn't waste any more time as he soon pulled Zhan into his embrace and hugged him tight using one hand as his other hand was holding the umbrella.

Zhan's eyes widened in shock when he felt Yibo's warm body against his cold one. But he didn't dwell on it as he snaked his hands around Yibo's neck and hid his face in the crook of Yibo's neck.

Zhan quietly sobbed in there. Yibo felt his tee getting wet. He softly caressed Zhan's back and patted it gently so as to calm him down.

"Zhan... " Yibo said in a soft voice and his hot breath fanned against Zhan's neck which made his heart flutter.
Yibo could actually feel Zhan's heart thumping hard against his chest.

Yibo gave a low chuckle before continuing.

"Zhan... This isn't a dream... I'm here... For real... " Yibo said as he tightened his grip on Zhan, but Zhan's grip around his neck loosened.

Zhan lifted his head to look at Yibo's face and their eyes met. They drowned in each other's eyes forgetting the world around them.

"Isn't this... A dream? " Zhan asked looking into Yibo's eyes.

"No... This is real, Zhan... I'm here for you... " Yibo said with a smile on his face.

"What? How can that be possible? " Zhan was sooo happy that he thought everything might be fake.

"Just like how you came to me back then. " Yibo said.

"What? H-How? " Zhan stuttered.
"How can I believe that you're here for real? " Zhan asked.

That was all Yibo wanted. He soon crashed his lips on Zhan's as he slowly brushed them against the soft pink ones which he missed for years. Zhan gasped due to the sudden contact. Yibo's lips kissed Zhan's parted ones slowly. He nibbled on Zhan's lower lip and sucked it softly.

Zhan's heart beat at it's highest speed as tears of joy rolled down his eyes. Zhan wanted to deepen the kiss, but Yibo pulled his lips away.

Zhan looked at him with a dissatisfying look on his face which made Yibo chuckle.

"Do you believe me now? " Yibo asked.

"You just kissed me for a minute. How can you expect me to believe you when you didn't even insert your tongu---- "

"Shameless. " Zhan's sentence was cut off by Yibo who laughed at his cute behavior.

Zhan still couldn't believe it. He was soo happy and his happiness was beyond explanation. This was all he had asked for in his entire life.
Zhan looked at Yibo's face and asked him,
"Yibo... Is this all true? "

Yibo gave another peck on Zhan's lips and said,
"As true as the sun which rises in the east, as true as the moon that smiles upon us, as true as the stars which witnessed our love, as true as the rain which drenched our bodies and as true as the wind which cuddled and pulled our bodies closer. "

Zhan just looked at Yibo. He didn't know what to say. All he knew was that the tears in his eyes were unstoppable.

"But... How? " Zhan asked.

"Because of you... You lead me here, Zhan... It was you... Who brought me here... " Yibo said and Zhan looked at him with an amused expression on his face.

"Me? But, how? "