Chapter 17

Xiao Zhan's POV

Everything was dark. Just everything. I tried moving forward, but my body refused to comply. There was plenty of oxygen, but my lungs failed in filling it to its capacity. I felt weak. I tried to look around, but I could see nothing but complete darkness. I couldn't hear anything either except for the continuous beeping sound. My ears were about to go deaf because of the beeping sound. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*
I felt suffocated. I gathered all my energy and tried to move my limbs, but soon a sharp pian hit my legs refraining me from moving and I winced in pain.
I tried to move my hands, but I couldn't. I tried hard, I succeeded in just moving my fingers a little bit.

It was only then that I realised tears falling off my eyes. Why was I crying?
I wanted to wipe my tears, but I couldn't. My heart was hurting. Hurting real bad. I slowly moved my eyeballs and I sensed a faint light. That was when I realised that I could only see darkness because my eyes were shut closed until now.

I slowly opened by eyes, but the bright white light blinded my vision. I closed my eyes again and tried opening it slowly blinking few times and it took some time for me to get adjusted to the lighting.

"Doctor! Doctor! "
I heard a female's shout.

"He's awake! "
She screamed.

Why's she soo excited?
I tried to scan the surroundings, and it was... A hospital room. But, what was I doing there?

I started thinking hard and it hit my senses when I remembered the accident that I had had. I still remember Yibo's worried crying face.
Well, he must be happy now that I'm awake. I think I gave him soo much pain. Let me apologize to him when he comes. But, where's he?
I think he's out side. I want to see how happy and excited he looks when he finds me awake.

I looked at the door, expecting to see my Yibo. But, there came few others in white coats. Doctors? I think they are.

"Xiao Zhan! Xiao Zhan, can you hear us? "
One of them shouted.

I can obviously hear him. Does he think I'm deaf?
I wanted to answer him, but it took me sometime to realize that I was on a life support.
Why? Was my accident that severe one? God! I'm worried about Yibo. It must be hard for him to see me in this state.

"Xiao Zhan! "
Another person in white coat called me.

I looked at him and he smiled.

I tried removing the oxygen mask so that I can tell them that I'm fine, but I could barely move my muscles.

I tried harder, but I was just able to move my fingers.

"No... Take it easy... "
One of them said and I simply nodded.

But, where is Yibo? He should have come here by now. Did he leave me here alone and go somewhere? Wang Yibo, I'll kill you when you come here.
Or... Was he tired and is he resting? Maybe... I think he hasn't rested much because of me.

"Xiao Zhan, does it hurt somewhere? Are you feeling okay? Just blink your eyes once if you're feeling fine, twice if you aren't. "
Said one of the doctors.

Yes, I was feeling okay, but my body felt very numb. I blinked once telling them that I'm fine.

'I'm fine, so please bring me to Yibo.'
My mind was literally screaming.

"Good that you're feeling alright. "

"Doctor, what do you think?
Can we take off the oxygen mask now? "
"No, don't. Let's not risk. He has woken up just now. "

"But, he might be feeling uncomfortable. "

The doctors discussed among themselves. It was true that I was feeling uncomfortable and I wanted that thing off me.

"Xiao Zhan, can you breathe well? Do you want us to take off the mask? "

Thank god they asked for my opinion in the end.
I again blinked once asking them to take off the mask.

A man in white coat came closer and carefully took off the mask. I took a deep breath, but the smell of medicines hit me hard.
But, it was still better to breathe in the natural air.

I stared at those doctors who were smiling wide looking at my face. But, why? Do I look funny? Or... Did the accident ruin my handsome face? Oh no, it can't be.
No, that's not true right?

Well, I should ask Yibo to buy me some good face masks in any case. But, where is Yibo? Why isn't he here yet?

Let me try asking these doctors. They might know where he is.

"W... h... e... r... e.... "
What's wrong with my voice? Why am I not able to speak? My throat... It felt dry... Indeed very dry. I gulped my saliva so as to ease it a bit.

"Xiao Zhan, what do you want? Are you feeling uncomfortable? "
The doctor asked.

NO, I'M NOT. BRING YIBO HERE.

I wanted to scream. But, my voice didn't come out. Not even a little bit.
I wanted... water.

I looked around and I found a bottle. I then looked back at the doctors and moved my eyes to the bottle. They caught my signal. A nurse soon ran out a brought me a glass of water.

I tried to sit up, but my body didn't support me. It didn't even move an inch. I heaved a sigh as I let the nurse help me pour some water into my dry throat. I felt a bit better after having that glass of water.

So, I tried to speak again.

"Where... is... Yibo? "
Was I always such a slow talker. I bet I wasn't.

But, why do they all look confused? Did I ask something wrong? What's with their raised brows?

"Where... is... Yibo? " I asked again.

"Xiao Zhan, are you sure that you're feeling alright? "
One of the doctors asked.

"Y...es. " I said.
"But... Yi... Yibo? "

"Xiao Zhan, why don't you rest a bit now. I guess you're still feeling tired. "

No, I'm not. Why are you guys acting like this? Where is my Yibo? Where's he?

"Yib...o... Yibo... " I said again.

"Who's that, Xiao Zhan? "
One of the man wearing a white coat asked.

What? Who's that? What does he mean? Don't they know who Yibo is? But, how could that be?

"Xiao Zhan! "
I heard someone shouting my name. This voice... It seemed a bit familiar... But... Where have I heard it before?

I looked at the direction of the voice and there rushed in a young man, who looked happy.

This guy... I have seen him before...

"Zhan... You finally woke up! "
The said guy ran towards me with a smile on his face.

He... I know him!
He's Wang Zhuocheng!
But what's he doing here?
How did he come here?
Did he time travel? But how?
Or is it just a dream? Am I dreaming about the other world?

"Ho... How did... yo.. u... come... he.. re? " I asked him.

"What do you mean? I drove my car, obviously! I have been waiting for you to wake up. " He said.

Wait! What does that mean? Waiting for me to wake up?
This is a dream, isn't it?
Please... No... Please tell me that this is a dream...

Did I... Come back?
No..... No..... How?... Why?... Yibo.... Where's my Yibo?
Did I leave him?
Where am I?...
What's going on here?

"Wh... ich... year... isss... this? " I asked.

"It's 2022! "