Chapter 26

2 years later

The sun shone it's rays through the glass windows whose sills were covered by the bright white snow.
The cold breeze sneaked it's way into the room to caress the soft pale skin of the beautiful man under the quilt.

Zhan stirred in his sleep because of the coldness that tried to embrace him. He pulled the quilt more closer to his body so that it can bring back the warmth.

But, it didn't work. Zhan finally gave upon his sleep and slowly opened his eyes. He then turned his head to the other side of the bed which was empty. Zhan gave a sad smile as he sat upon the bed.

"How I wish you were here so that I couldn't feel the cold. " Zhan said in a low voice.

"How I wish you were here to wrap me in your warm embrace. " Zhan sighed as he got up from the bed and headed towards the washroom to have a warm shower.

After getting dressed in pretty warm clothes, Zhan headed out of the room and walked towards the kitchen.

"What shall I cook today? " He asked himself.

"What do you want to eat, Yi---
Aish! What am I doing? He isn't here. " Zhan shook his head and decided to cook a simple breakfast as he no longer had an appetite.

After having his breakfast, he did the dishes and decided to clean the house and rearrange a few things.

He walked towards the couch to clean the area a bit and that's when his eyes fell on the previous days newspaper. He looked at the date and sighed.
Tears glimed from his eyes.

"It's today... But no one remembers... " A tear slowly rolled down his cheek.

He quickly wiped it and was about to start cleaning when he heard a knock on the main door followed by the sound of the calling bell.

Zhan walked towards the door and opened it to witness a well built man dressed in a black suit.

"What? " Zhan asked with a raised brow.

"I was asked to bring you there. " The man replied.

"Where? " Zhan asked.

"There. " The man replied.

"To hell with you and your answers. " Zhan sighed.

He walked to his room to get changed.
After getting changed, he looked himself in the mirror once before walking out and leaving the house with the man from earlier.

That man drove the car while Zhan sat in the back passengers seat, looking at the streets covered in pure white snow. Zhan sighed for the third time that day.

"Where are we going? " Zhan asked.

"There. " The man replied.

Zhan wanted to smash that man's head, but he refrained himself from doing so.

After almost an hour's journey, they arrived at a small mansion in the countryside.

Zhan sat still in the car, until the man from earlier got off and opened the door for him.

"You're asked to go in. " The man said.

Zhan didn't bother much about the man's words as he started walking towards the mansion even before he could complete his words.

The door wasn't locked, so Zhan pushed it open as he strode in.
The mansion was darker than usual. All the curtains were closed, blocking the sunlight from seeping in.

The lights were off too. Zhan for sure knew what was going on.

"3... 2... " Zhan whispered to himself.