Chapter 22

Wang Yibo's POV

The moon was eventually getting covered by the thick clouds. The stars were no where to be seen. The cold wind ruffled my hair and the streetlights along the way blazed.

I quickly ran over to Yanli jie's house right after I had received her call. I was waiting for this. For this single ray of hope.

I knocked on the door and Yuchen opened it for me. He welcomed me with a small smile, yet he received no reaction from my expressionless face.

"Come in, Yibo. " Yanli said.

I walked in and sat on the couch.

"How? " That was the only word that came out of my mouth.

How can I get to see him again?

"I'll tell. " Yanli said with a nod.
Yuchen sat beside her.

"I found this in my recent research. " She said as he took her notes out.

"When A-Zhan time travelled here, a part of his soul was still connected to his body in his world. When Xian left his body and gave the complete access to Zhan, Zhan acquired his body, but not completely as his soul wasn't completely here. So, when Zhan died here, his soul travelled back to his time and joined the remaining part of the soul. That means, Zhan just left this body behind and went back to his time to acquire his own body. " Yanli said.

So, the jist of her explanation means that... Zhan is still alive right?

"Yes, Yibo. Zhan is alive. " She said looking at my face.

Did she just read my mind.

"But now, he's in his own time and in his own body. " She said.

"How do I go there? " I asked.

"I don't know that yet. " She said.

I was disappointed to be honest, but the fact that my Zhan is still alive made me happy. It may be somewhere in some other dimension, but the main thing here is that he's alive.

"That is all that I have found for now. I'll let you know if there's anything else. " She said with a small smile and I nodded at her.

I was about to leave when her words stopped me.
"We're planning on shifting to another place, Yibo. If anything happens and you want to find us... Just come to that place. " Saying so she gave me the address of the house where they'll be shifting in a few months.

I soon came back home and walked to our... my room. I took out one of his clothes from the closet as usual and hugged it tight while laying flat on the bed.

I stared at the blank ceiling, which was as blank as my life.
Even though it has been an year now... This bed... It still carries his scent... The scent which keeps me alive.

That was when a thought crossed my mind...
'The seasons are changing, the flow of river is changing, the people out there are changing... Everything is changing... But what remains unchanged is this pure heart and my love for you... Past, present or future... This heart of mine only beats for you, my Zhan... '

So, Zhan... Is there a way for me to experience that miracle again? Is there a way for me... To See You Again?

........................................................................

I spent the next few months searching for a method to bring him back... or go to him as I had promised. But how?
I spent three months in the library studying books about time travel and how one can time travel. I tried each and every method mentioned in there, maybe pushing myself to danger, dreaming about a particular thing every night when I sleep... Everything mentioned in those books... But... Nothing worked. Nothing.
I spent the rest of the day standing at the edge of that street... The place where he appeared and also disappeared. I stood there everyday, expecting him to appear there again someday. But he... never did.