Chapter 13

Zhan and Yibo left the University and walked towards the bus stop, with their hands intertwined. They had wide smile on their face, as their hearts beat in the same rhythm.

The bus soon arrived and they boarded it. They sat next to each other, both not ready to let go of the other's hand.

Zhan peeped out of the window to look at the outside world which was way too different from the world he lived in. Though Yibo was right next to him, Zhan still felt anxious. He was worried about how they'll react on getting to know that Xian won't return.

Yibo noticed the worry on Zhan's face, so he tightened the grip on Zhan's hand and gently caressed it. Zhan looked at Yibo and Yibo flashed him an assuring smile which said everything will be alright.

It really worked well and Zhan felt a bit relaxed. He took a long breath and rested his head on Yibo's shoulder. Yibo leaned towards Zhan so as to make him feel comfortable. They didn't care about the people who threw them questioning glances, and there wasn't even any need to heed to their glances.

They got off the bus and walked towards Xian's house. Zhan stood in front of the house, thinking about what he should say when he sees Yanli.

"It's alright, Zhan. Whatever it is, don't worry and talk it out with us. " Yibo said and Zhan nodded.

Zhan and Yibo walked forward and knocked the door.
Yanli opened it for them and she looked as calm as ever.

Zhan and Yibo entered the house.
Yibo and Yanli sat on the couch, but Zhan didn't. He stood in front of them with a hesitant look on his face.

"A-Zhan, sit down. Why are you standing? " Yanli asked with a smile.

"Zhan... " Yibo patted on the seat next to him, signalling Zhan to sit beside him.

Zhan nodded and sat beside Yibo.

"What's it, Zhan? What do you want to tell us? " Yibo asked.

Zhan closed his eyes and took a deep breath before speaking.

"I'm really very sorry. I don't know what to say. I'm sorry, Ms. Yanli. I didn't know what to do.... " Zhan trailed off.

"A-Zhan, it's okay... " Yanli said with a small smile on her face.
"Just tell us... "

Yibo nodded to assure Zhan.

"The thing is that... Xian... Xian isn't... " Zhan trailed off.

"Xian isn't returning. Is that right? " Yanli spoke.

Zhan's eyes widened in surprise.
Yibo was a bit shocked too.

"H-How did you.... I'm sorry. " Zhan asked in a low tone.

"It's okay, A-Zhan. It wasn't your fault. " Yanli smiled at Zhan.

Yibo held Zhan's hand and caressed it gently.

"What exactly happened, Zhan? " Yibo asked in a calm voice.

"I met... Xian. " Zhan said.

Yibo was a bit surprised but Yanli looked calm and composed.

"I don't know how to exactly put it... But... He said he can't return anymore... " Zhan said with his head hung low.

Yanli stood up from her seat and walked towards Zhan. She sat beside Zhan and ruffled his soft hair.

"I know, A-Zhan. " Yanli said.

"What happened, jie? " Yibo asked Yanli.

"It's a long story, Yibo. Xian wasn't that dull looking boy that you all know. He was more than that. Only me and my parents knew what Xian actually was. " Yanli said.