ranpo| the death of edogawa ranpo (1)

Requested by no one

[Fluff/Angst]

Author POV

Being the world's best detective was no easy task.

Unless you were Edogawa Ranpo.

This cheeky, somewhat childish individual could solve a case even in his sleep.

For him, it was that easy.

Until he collided with the hardest case he could ever handle...

.
.
.

Another case was successfully completed by the world's greatest detective, proving the local police, once again, that there was no case he couldn't solve, thanks to his amazing ability and sharp intelect.

"And that concludes the end of our trip" Ranpo said cheerfully as Atsushi, his colleague and companion flinched

"T-trip?! We literally went to a crime scene and saw a dead body! What do you mean trip?!" He thought as he watched Ranpo who just yawned, showing his boredom was almost to critical

"These cases are child's play!" He whined. "I want something intriguing! Something that will make me remember it till the day I die. Something that would make great use of my ability. Not some petty murder cases"

"B-but your ability is already of great use, Ranpo-san!" Atsushi exclaimed

"I know, I know" Ranpo waved him off, not paying attention to his surroundings anymore. "But something complicated that no one could solve, only me, sounds interesting"

"As if it's not already happening" Atsushi thought as he looked at Ranpo with narrowed eyes, when someone came running towards them. "Ranpo-san, watch--!"

But he was already on the ground, together with a young woman.

"...out"

"I'm so sorry!" The woman apologized, propping her hands on the ground as Ranpo opened his eyes, looking at her with his emerald orbs that softened in an instant when he noticed some stray tears in hers. "I'm such a klutz, I wasn't looking!"

"I think you broke my back" Ranpo said bluntly and the woman blushed in embarrassment, getting off of him, kneeling on the ground to pick up her belongings. "Nevermind that" he muttered to himself as the mysterious girl got her stuff and he extended his hand for her. "Here"

She looked up at him, a bit surprised before taking his hand, looking away as she was too embarrassed to even say something anymore.

"S-sorry, again!" She exclaimed, running away

"W-wait, miss!" Atsushi called after her, but nothing made her stop from running. "Ranpo-san, are you alright?!"

The mentioned man hummed in response as he watched the girl's figure slowly blending in the crowds until he couldn't spot her anymore.

"What was that?"

"She was being chased" said Ranpo and Atsushi flinched. "Maybe by a stalker or an ex boyfriend, who knows"

"Shouldn't we help her?!" Atsushi exclaimed and Ranpo just shrugged

"It's not our business, Atsushi-kun" he said as they both started walking again. "The police can handle it, we're not here to rescue stray cats, are we?"

"N-no..."

"She will surely come to the Agency" Ranpo thought. "There's no need to hurry"