Chapter 4

~Tadashi POV~
"No way." I thought to myself as the sound of the envelope that once rested in Tsukki's hands was now torn in half and placed back in the girl's hand. I stood there in complete silence as the girl had opened her eyes and looked into the palm of her hand. She looked like she was on the verge of tears, and I felt really bad for her, Tsukki can be an asshole but never to this extent.

"Don't ask someone out if you've never held a proper conversation with them." Was all he said to her as tears began to stream down her face. "B-but.." She said while sobbing which caused her words to be jumbled and hard to understand. "Shut up, you don't like me, you like the idea of being with me. Now get to know someone before you do this again." He said while walking away from her while she wiped the tears that streamed down her face.

In that moment I wanted to throw myself off of the roof of the school building. I felt like a complete douche bag. I felt relieved. I was about to apologize to the girl for Tsukishima's rude reply until I felt a larger hand grip my wrist. "Oi, lets go." Tsukki said as he led us to our seats before I could argue.

I could hear the faint whispers of the other students in the class talking about the events that had just occurred. Today was not turning out like how I thought it would. First my secret gets found out by Suga and Daichi, I run into some jerk and Tsukki makes a scene while rejecting a girl, damn.

"What's wrong?" Tsukishima said, interrupting my thoughts while taking a seat next to me. "Nothing... b-but why did you have to be so harsh to that girl?" I asked, hoping that for once instead of a snarky and sarcastic remark I'll get an honest answer. "See how you just mentioned her?" He asked, causing me to feel even more confused. "Why would I say yes to someone whose name I don't even know?" He said while rolling his eyes and taking off his glasses, using the bottom of his shirt to clean the lenses.

"O-oh... so if you did know her, would you have said yes?" I asked. I know that I was sounding a little desperate to find out the truth but hey, can you blame me? "Probably not." Was all he said and that was enough to make me relax in my seat, I'm glad he didn't notice since he had his glasses off but I was smiling like an idiot. The bell sounded once again and the teacher had started his lesson for the day. "Now I don't feel so nervous about the practice match anymore."

~Time skip~
We had finally made it to Aoba Johsai for the practice match. Though it was off to a bumpy start since Hinata had thrown up on Tanaka on the bus ride here, then he started to freak out during the first set and ended up hitting Kageyama in the back of the head with a serve and costed us the first set.

I handed Hinata and Kageyama their water bottles so that they could cool off after such a bad play, though I can't really say anything since I wasn't even playing. I will admit that Seijoh was a pretty intimidating team. I'm not even on the court and I can feel the tension between the two teams. Once the second set had started, the sides of my torso began to throb as I sat next to Suga.

He must've noticed since he quickly handed me a water bottle and began to rub circles on my back. "Do you need some fresh air?" He whispered to me, careful not to draw any suspicion to our conversation. I simply nodded while slowly standing up, Suga using his arms to keep me upright. "I'll only be a few minutes." I said, flashing Suga a warm and reassuring smile before making my way briskly out of the gym. I found the exit to the school building and walked outside, breathing in the fresh air while the cool breeze tickled my face.

I leaned my back up against the brick wall and closed my eyes, sliding down until I was fully seated on the cold pavement. I forgot how long I was sitting there but it for some reason it made me feel a lot better. That is until the calm and relaxing atmosphere that was once with me was interrupted by someone making their way over to me.