Chaptet 15

~Tadashi POV~
"Are you sure you want to get out here?" Makki asked from the backseat of Oikawa's car. Right now we were parked in Tsukishima's driveway with me in the passenger seat, Oikawa at the wheel, and Mattsun, Makki, and Yahaba in the back seat.

"Yeah." Was all I said before leaning over to give Oikawa a hug. "Be careful okay? And if he tries anything sneaky, call us. Oh! And if he hurts you, again, call us." Oikawa rambled, pulling away from the hug and squishing my face in his hands. I chuckled at his overprotectiveness and leaned back to give everyone else a small hug. "Thank you, but I'll be fine." I said calmly.

To catch you up on why I'm even here in the first place. It was the day after Makki and Mattsun's argument and since it was still the weekend, Tsukishima had invited me over to hang out. I would've said no if I didn't want to clear things about about what we were going to officially be as soon as possible. So I asked Oikawa to drive me in the morning and everyone else tagged along.

I opened the car door and stepped out of the vehicle. I said goodbye one last time to everyone before shutting the door behind me and walking up Tsukki's driveway to the front door. I took a deep breath in and rung the doorbell, hearing the muffled sound of it ring through the house. I heard some shuffling and a few quiet voices through the door. I didn't think that anyone else was home but I guess I was wrong.

I heard the door unlock and slowly open, revealing Tsukki's mom in the doorway. "Oh Tadashi!" She said, genuinely surprised at my sudden arrival. "Please, come in!" She said excitedly, taking my hand in hers and pulling me inside while closing the door behind me. I placed my bag on the ground next to where I took off my shoes and excused myself before giving her a warm hug since we hadn't really seen each other in a while.

"How have you been?" She asked cheerfully. Before I answered her question, I noticed that she seemed a little sweaty and kind of out of breath. "Um I've been okay, but are you okay?" I asked, using the back of my hand to check her temperature. It seemed normal but why was she so tired?

"Oh! No I'm fine, it's just Kei is sick and Akiteru and I had planned to go out for lunch and then to go shopping. We were on our way to the next town over until Kei called us and basically passed out over the call so we rushed back here. He was in the middle of talking about how you were coming over but now he has a really high fever and can barely move." She said all at once, catching her breath as she leaned against the wall.

He had a fever and he didn't tell me? Why was he trying to ignore the fact that he was sick? Did he really want me to come over that bad? Maybe I'm just flattering myself...

"Um, if you're okay with it, I could watch over him." I said while walking over to the kitchen and grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. Before she could decline my offer I handed her the water bottle and led her to the couch. "I know that I'd be at risk of getting sick but it's okay, I always carry a surgical mask with me." I said with a soft smile, pointing at my bag that I had left by the door.

"A-Are you sure?" She asked after taking a few sips from the bottle. "I don't want to cause any trouble for you." She said while looking up at me with a weak smile. "I assure you that it won't be a problem, Kei is..." I paused, letting a small yet sincere smile creeping its way onto my face. "Kei is very important to me, so I don't mind helping him." I said after the short moment of silence. I could feel my cheeks heat up once I realized how hard Kei's mom was staring at me.

Her face instantly brightened and she flung herself onto my body in a tight embrace. "Ah! You're too cute! Thank you so much Tadashi!" She said while placing multiple kisses on my freckled cheeks. I chuckled while returning the hug, getting drowned in compliments and kisses.