Chapter 11

We all made our way out of the house and towards the large car. Though what we didn't take into consideration was the amount of people we were taking with us. Oikawa's car could only seat five, and there were seven of us. Dang it.

"I'll stay." I blurted out loud, interrupting everyone's conversations to determine who was riding shotgun. "Are you sure? We can have the extra two just ride in the trunk." Oikawa said while putting one hand gently on my shoulder. "But what if we get pulled over?" I asked, looking up at Oikawa who instantly looked away. "Dammit you're so cute!" Oikawa mumbled into his free hand which he had brought up to cover his mouth.

"It's okay Yama, I'll stay with you." Iwaizumi said while lightly patting me on the back. "Plus we will definitely get pulled over if Oikawa's the one driving." He added. I couldn't hold back the laugh that slipped past my lips and neither could anyone else. Oikawa just pouted and stomped off into the direction of his car. Kyotani, Yahaba, Makki and Mattsun followed suit, waving Iwaizumi and I goodbye before driving off down the road. Before we knew it, they had completely disappeared from sight.

Without any words, Iwaizumi and I made our way back into the house, closing and locking the door behind us. "So, Yama-kun?" Iwaizumi asked, his voice a little shaky as he took a seat on the end of the couch, though it was barely noticeable. I took a seat next to him and raised an eyebrow in question. He began to twirl the strings on his hoodie and averted his gaze from mine. "Why was he so nervous?" I thought to myself as I watched the once calm and composed Iwaizumi act like, well me.

"What is it Iwaizumi-san?" I questioned, placing my hand on his shoulder and patting it a few times, attempting to comfort the larger male. "I was just wondering..." He started. "If you... had a thing for Oikawa?" He said quietly, hesitating to look back at me. It took a moment for me to fully grasp the situation, but once his question had sunk in my face lit up.

"Iwaizumi-san! Do you like Oikawa?!" I practically shouted as I began to slap his broad shoulder numerous times, overjoyed that Iwaizumi talked about Oikawa in such an endearing way. He chuckled deeply while turning his body to face me completely. "Yeah, I do, but please don't tell him or anyone else." He said quietly before shifting his gaze to look down at the floor. I could tell that he was extremely nervous about talking this over with me since he wasn't one to really express his emotions.

I smiled calmly before placing my hand on his knee, which caused him to look up at me once again. "I won't, and I don't like Oikawa like that. But why haven't you told him how you feel?" I asked, not breaking eye contact with the older male who stared back. "Well... I'm not good with talking about emotions, and I guess I'm just scared of being rejected." He mumbled the last part. The room fell completely silent before I snorted quietly, causing Iwaizumi to look at me with a confused expression.

"What?" He asked as his face turned a light shade of pink out of embarrassment. "I'm sorry. It's just... you? Afraid of being rejected by Oikawa?" I said while raising an eyebrow, a smile still plastered on my face. He shrugged and smirked at the incredibly stupid face I was making. "Why is it so surprising?" He asked, his smirk still prominent on his face as I snorted again.

"It's just that I can't believe someone as good looking and athletic as you is nervous about asking someone out." I said. I didn't know where this new found confidence came from, but it felt nice to say what I felt needed to be said. "And the fact that Oikawa obviously likes you back." I said, obviously catching Iwaizumi off guard. "Wait what?! How do you know?" He asked. His face was so intrigued with what I had just said that it kind of startled me with how fast he reacted.

"Well when you described your crush as beautiful, I could feel his heart rate speed up since I was laying on his chest." I answered, causing a small yet genuine smile to make its way onto Iwaizumi's lips. We sat there for a few seconds in complete silence, smiling like the idiots we were until Iwaizumi decided to ask something I didn't want to hear.