Chapter 9

~Tadashi POV~
"Where am I?" Is what I thought I had said, but no sounds came out of my mouth. I was still in Oikawa's living room, but everything seemed to be backwards. The front door was on the opposite side of the house from what I remember. Now that I was taking a closer look, everything was on the opposite of the house. The kitchen was now where the back door used to be and the back door was next to where the front door used to be.

As I was trying to take in my surroundings, I heard the faint mumbles of two voices coming from upstairs. I reluctantly stood up from the couch, dropping the blanket onto the carpeted floor and made my way to the dark stairwell.

I was about halfway up the stairs when I could finally make out the voices of the two upstairs. It was Oikawa and Iwaizumi. I felt a little bit better now that I knew who they were, but inside something still didn't feel right. I had made it to the top of the stairs and stepped out into the hallway. Though that's when things got a lot weirder. I turned around to look at the stairwell I had just exited but what I was met with was a blank white wall.

"The hell..." I mumbled to myself while tapping the wall where the stairway entrance used to be. I continued moving towards the voices and stopped in front of what seemed to be Oikawa's room. I took in a deep breath and put my hand on the doorknob, turning it quietly with a barely audible "click" as it creaked open.

I peaked my head inside to see that Oikawa was sitting at a small desk with a pencil in his hand and Iwaizumi sitting in the chair next to him. I sighed in relief as I fully stepped inside the room, closing it behind me, though it was weird since neither of the two reacted to the sound of the door shutting. I shrugged it off and looked around Oikawa's room. It was a pretty decent size, there were a few volleyball and alien posters here and there and the bed had a lime green comforter that was centered against the wall.

I took a seat on the edge of his bed, taking in how comfortable it felt as I fell backwards into the comforter. "Hey Oikawa, your room is really nice." I said, looking at the small bookshelf in the corner of the room full of documentaries of alien sightings and sci-fi movies. There was no answer.

I sat up, turning my head to look in the direction of Oikawa, wondering why he hadn't started talking about how great aliens were or why he'd want them to abduct him. I also wondered why Iwaizumi wasn't saying things like "I really hope they take you so I'll have some weight off my shoulders."

"Oikawa? Iwaizumi?" I asked, becoming a little more uneasy at the situation. Still no answer. I stood up and went to tap him on the shoulder, though once my finger made contact with his shoulder, my fingers had gone right through Oikawa's shoulder. My eyes widened and I drew my hand back swiftly, almost falling backwards if it wasn't for Oikawa's bed.

"Woah!" Oikawa yelped, shivering slightly while turning around to see if anyone was there, then his eyes landed on me. Though it was like he couldn't even see me, better yet, it was like he was looking right through me. "What?" Iwaizumi asked, glancing at Oikawa from the side. "I just felt a weird chill in my shoulder, do you think it was an alien?! Are they gonna take me?!" Oikawa exclaimed cheerfully while turning his entire body to face his best friend.

"One can only hope..." Iwaizumi sighed under his breath, earning a playful slap on the arm and a cute pout from Oikawa. "Iwaizumi?" I asked, desperately waving my hand in front of his face but getting no reaction in return. At this point I was freaking out, they couldn't see me at all and I couldn't even come in contact with them.

"Well let me know if you finish the homework, my mom wants me home." Iwaizumi said, putting a few books into the bag that was on the floor next to his chair, getting ready to leave. "Haha, Iwa-chan still has a curfew~" Oikawa teased, putting an arm around the shorter male while walking out of the room with him.