Chapter 39

{Chris's POV} 

The next morning when I woke up, I was snuggled up beside Meg with my arm draped across her I kissed her forehead. 

"I love you." 

I went to slide out of bed Meg draped her arm across me and snuggled closer to me. 

"Don't leave me snuggle with me." Meg mumbled in her sleep. 

"Baby, I'm not leaving you I'll snuggle with you." I said, stroking her long raven hair. 

I stayed in bed with Meg and snuggled with her I wrapped my arm around her she laid her head on my chest I stroked her hair. Meg seemed to calm down I think she was having a nightmare I decided to go back to sleep. When I woke back up Meg was starting to stir, she lifted her head from my chest and kissed me. 

"Were you having a nightmare?" 

"Huh?" 

"I kissed your forehead and I said I love you I went to climb out of bed you draped your arm across me, and you told me don't leave and snuggle with you. I thought you were having a nightmare, so I told you that I wasn't leaving you I stayed in bed and stroked your hair after that you were fine." I explained. 

"Now that you mention it, I was having a nightmare in my dream we had a huge fight, and you were going to leave I begged you to stay. You changed your mind and stayed." Meg said. 

"I'm never going to leave you no matter how bad of a fight we have," 

Meg climbed on top of me she leaned down and kissed me I stroked her cheek with the back of my finger she gazed down at me and blushed. 

"I love you, Chris." She smiled. 

"I love you too, Meg." I replied. 

"Babe, would you like to have breakfast in bed?" 

"I would love too." 

Meg kissed and climbed off me she left the room I sat up in bed and waited for Meg to come back I heard a crash I got up out of bed and ran downstairs I walked into the kitchen. 

"Are you okay I heard a crash?" I asked worried. 

"I dropped a mug and it hit the floor and broke I'll replace it." She stated. 

"Honey, I don't care about the mug breaking I just want to make sure you're not hurt." 

"I'm fine I cleaned up the broken mug and threw it away." 

Later on, that morning I was sitting on the couch in the living room using my laptop I was birthday shopping for Meg. I decided to make sure that her birthday would be one she would never forget when I was finished birthday shopping for Meg, I logged out of the website and shut down my laptop I left the living room and returned my laptop to my office. I returned to the living room I sat down on the couch Meg came into the living room and joined me on the couch. 

"What's up beautiful?" I asked. 

"Nothing just want to hang out with my favorite guy." Meg smiled, snuggling up beside me. 

I wrapped my arm around her Meg laid her head on my shoulder and draped her arm across me. 

"If we get married one day, who could I ask for your hand?" 

"No one because my father or step father have nothing to do with me and my mother was an only child." 

Meg lifted her head from my shoulder and kissed me I playfully nipped her bottom lip. 

"Babe can we take a walk?" She asked. 

"I don't mind," I said. 

Meg and I left the living room we put on our jackets I grabbed my keys Meg and I left the house we walked around the neighborhood as we were walking, I held Meg's hand and interlaced our fingers. We walked back home Meg and I walked up to the house she opened the storm door I unlocked the front door and opened it we walked inside the house. I closed the door behind us and locked it Meg and I removed our jackets and hung them up. 

"I'm going to start dinner," 

"What are we having for dinner?" 

"I'm going to make a pizza." Meg said. 

I followed Meg into the kitchen I fixed up the coffee pot for dinner Meg put the pizza inside the oven. I opened the cupboard door and grabbed two plates I sat the plates on the counter I closed the cupboard door. When dinner was ready Meg took the pizza out of the oven and sat the pan on the counter while I made the coffees. I helped her cut the pizza we grabbed our plates and coffee mugs and left the kitchen. Meg and I walked into the living room we sat down on the couch and ate our pizza while watching TV. 

"Ugh there is nothing good on TV." 

"It's Sunday there really isn't anything good on TV." 

"Is it alright if I channel surf?" She asked. 

"I don't mind," I replied. 

Meg grabbed the DirecTV remote and went channel surfing when I was finished eating, I took my plate out into the kitchen and washed it up. I dried the plate and put it back in the cupboard I returned to the living room Meg was watching SpongeBob SquarePants. 

"Okay so I'm a grown adult that still watches cartoons." 

"I'm not judging you because you still watch cartoons." 

Later on, that night I was sitting on the couch watching Adult Swim with Meg she crawled onto my lap and laced her fingers through mine. Meg leaned in and kisses me I playfully nipped her bottom lip. 

"Babe what'd you say we go upstairs and rock each other's world before we go to bed?" Meg smirked. 

"I'd say you got yourself a deal." I said.

Meg grabbed the remote and turned off the TV she sat the remote on the end table I reached over and turned off the lamp. Meg crawled off my lap I rose to my feet and scooped Meg up in my arms she wrapped her legs around my waist I carried her upstairs to our room.