Choosing sides

It was another beautiful day in school, the weather was amazing and everyone hated her with intensity, Caroline knew that she would keep these days close to her heart, after all she was the center of attention whenever she had to cross the hallway with everyone scolding her and wishing that she was dead, today that tension was off the charts and she opened her locker aware that they were all lining up for a chance to stake her.

One of Malcolm's friends leaned against the locker next to hers. "They should definitely move these lockers outside, where the sun shines bright and deadly."

She took a book that she needed without even acknowledging his presence.

"If only you didn't have that ring..." he taunted her.

She closed the door of her locker with a slam.

He smiled at her. "Now that the stupid truce is finally coming to an end, this will be fun... fang girl."

Caroline sighed. "What will you guys do once I'm dead? You won't have anyone to listen to your really bad puns and I don't see how chasing your own tail will ever be rewarding enough."

With a snarl he punched her locker hard, it made a huge dent in it and he walked away with a happy smile because of it.

"I always wanted a personalized locker." she said in a singing note. "So thank you for this."

"You're in good spirits." Rebekah stopped next to Caroline with a frown for the fist impression on the metal.

"I had a free makeover." Caroline embraced the new look with a big smile but she noticed that Rebekah wasn't that cheerful today. "Who ate your breakfast?"

"I have family issues brewing at home." Rebekah grumbled.

"I can already see the tension in the masses because of what Kol did last night but it's also the first time in a long time I can feel them nervous so I wouldn't be too hard on your brother." She admitted, it was nice to have the werewolves on their toes for once and she was still counting on Klaus to patch things up with Mason.

"Don't ever tell him that, he might think that he did something good and then he'll be really obnoxious." Rebekah chuckled as she took the lead inside of the classroom.

Caroline didn't know about Kol being obnoxious but at the moment he was as hated as she was in this town so maybe she should buy him a drink.

[XXXXX]

Klaus was doing the last touches to a drawing, he was working on her hair and smiled pleased with the outcome of his work, it had been a while since he had been interested enough to sketch someone and it felt nice to do it again.

Elijah sat on the settee across the sofa serious.

Klaus lifted his eyes a smear. "You want something."

Elijah opened his suit so that he could be more comfortable. "A small conversation with my beloved brother."

Klaus dropped his eyes to the paper again. "You don't know how to be short on words."

"A doppelgänger, werewolves in great number and Mikael." He parted his hands, that should be concise enough for Klaus.

"I remember telling everyone that we had to leave."

"You failed to mention that our father was involved."

Klaus looked up. "He is your father, not mine and if any of you actually listened to me we would be long gone by now."

"Rebekah doesn't want to go."

"She doesn't know what she wants, she's a spoiled brat."

"If she is one, you raised her that way by indulging her in everything." Elijah reminded him with an accusing look.