Epilogue

She kissed him indulging her hands in his hair, all messed up now after making love. She smiled at him and bit her lip, smiling seemed all she did lately. Caroline had never been so happy in her entire life.

Lying here on top of the wolf skins next to the mantel inside the huge room turned into a studio, she found that happiness was something she had always pursued and finally found it in the arms of the man kissing her chin slowly.

His hands were caressing her naked body that he had captured in another one of his paintings.
She loved being his muse and posing for him, just like she loved racing with him on horse rides throughout the huge property that Klaus bought in the English countryside.

She stroked his neck and played with his most important necklace, the manor they now had been living at for the past year looked like a castle and she loved being the princess running through the natural maze in the garden, he always caught her but then again she never stray away too fast or far from him.

Klaus smiled and touched her lips. "I was supposed to be now on a big meeting of some sorts."
She gave him an innocent look. "It was your idea Niklaus to draw me like in that movie."

"I was appalled that you thought that she looked better than you." he easily said.
"Maybe I just wanted to lay naked and with my hands artistically placed over my face and my head and smolder you with my big eyes." She wasn't being so innocent now and Klaus gave her a look.

"This little post drawing fest means that Yana is losing it in London because I didn't go sire my new pack members." he tried to be stern.
But Caroline moved her foot over his leg and pursed her lips. "Didn't you have more fun here than racing down in your fast car for two hours to go see a bunch of wolves drooling over you and Yana flirting with Stefan?"

Klaus licked his lips. "Sweetheart... you are not playing fair."
Caroline kissed his neck and stroked the back of it gently; her fingernails came down his back. "We need to take advantage before everyone else finds out where we are."

Klaus sighed. "Rebekah is still in Mystic Falls going back and forth with Damon. Elijah is in France with Elena that finally has come around with her feelings for him..."
"The last I've heard of Kol and Bonnie, is that they were in Spain where everything is hot and steamy like them."

Klaus smiled and traced her chin slowly. "Soon they will all barge through that door and I'll have to fight them for your attention." he pouted.
"Then I suggest you make the most of it while we are still alone..." she said and teased his lips with the tip of her tongue.

Klaus smiled at her and squeezed the side of her body, all he ever wanted was in his arms right now. "Rebekah tricked me to Mystic Falls in search of a normal life and so much happened since that day I saw you outside The Grill..." he said slowly taking in her beauty.

Caroline answered his powerful stare. "You came for me even without knowing and you showed me how to be strong, fearless but using my head..." she smiled knowing he would like that one and then she was serious. "You taught me how to be smart and you showed me what love was."

"You were always with me and in the end we did fade into each other." he said with all that love in his voice and expression.
Caroline caressed his chest and stopped by his beating heart. "In the end I did own this."

"Ask me Caroline..." he smiled at her.
She touched his necklaces smiling. "Make love to me Niklaus."

Klaus leaned over and kissed her, her hands were busy with his faultless body and his claimed what was his.
Over a thousand years countless people tried to keep them apart, away from each other but their love was stronger and this was exactly as it should have been when they were human.

The end.

Thank you everyone that has left me a review or just read this.
It was a journey that I loved sharing with you all.

Sometimes a love leaves such an imprint on a soul that not even death can erase.

Cheers, Ad

Soundtrack:

Can't find my way home - Blind Faith

Can't fight it - Oh mercy

Houses - Great Northern

Give me love - Ed Sheeran

Volcano - Damien Rice

Sugar we're going down - Fall out boy

Hard row - The Black keys

Conscious Killer - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

We don't eat - James Vincent McMorrow

Wide Awake - Katy Perry

Kiss me - Ed Sheeran

Glad you came - The Wanted

Breathe Again - Sara Bareilles

Guarded - Kevin Daniel

These days - Foo Fighters

Hurricane - 30 Seconds to Mars

The scientist – Coldplay

I shall believe - Sheryl Crow

Falling slowly - Glen Hansard

Turn to stone - Ingrid Michaelson

Girl you'll be a woman soon - Urge Overkill

Stay – Hurts

I need to know - Kris Allen

Sunburn - Ed Sheeran

Possibility - Lykke Li

Painted on my heart - The Cult

The time comes - Nina Gordon

Open your eyes - Snow Patrol

Come along with me – Titiyo

Survival – Muse

Never let me go – Florence and the Machine

Ready for love - India. Arie

Titanium - David Guetta

All my life – Foo Fighters

Where have you been – Rhianna

Beautiful Disaster – Kelly Clarkson (Live)

Out of my hands - Dave Mathews Band

Belief – Gavin DeGraw

Feel – Robbie Williams

A little less conversation - Elvis Presley VS JXL

Desire - Ryan Adams

DJ, Ease my mind – Niki & The Dove

Walking after you – Foo Fighters

Lonely boy – Black keys

Madness – Muse

Breathe me - Sia

Phenomenon – Thousand Foot Krutch

Viva La Vida – Coldplay

Bonus track: Bleeding love - Leona Lewis