Redemption

Caroline walked into the kitchen with a small smile, her mother was again attempting to make a meal. "Hey mom..."

Liz smiled at her daughter. "I'm making... dinner." she said with a strange face as the gooey substance started boiling inside of the pan. "Sort of... maybe you should order some pizza later." She suggested.

Caroline quickly laced her arms around Liz for a tight hug.

Liz staggered and slowly hugged her daughter back. "It's... just pizza sweetie..." she said unsure about Caroline's sudden demonstration of affection.

Caroline fought a sniffle, she pulled back from her mother's arms with a shake of her head. "I love you mom." she simply said before heading for the door.

"I... love you too..." Liz mumbled, that was unexpected and she was now left with burning food.

Caroline closed the door of her house aware that this was her last night and on her way to the car she looked up to the sky, her executioner would be shining bright in just a few hours, it was only a question of time but she was still going to make the best out of her last hours.

[XXXXXX]

Bonnie smiled at Matt nervously. "You can cut the tension with a knife." she sat on a stool.

Matt nodded from the other side of the counter. "Everyone is on edge right now, you can tell that things are about to implode."

"I hope to break a few necks tonight." Kol joined the two whispering friends with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" Bonnie confronted him hastily.

"I like this pub..." he answered naturally.

"Right now it's not a good time to chase women, the werewolves are about to eat everyone alive and you're being inconvenient with your bad jokes." She kept the low conversation.

"What are you doing here, in the middle of a heated battle to be?" he asked her intrigued.

"Witches are somehow seen as neutral..." she rolled her eyes. "They're just scared of witches so they don't really mess with me." she noticed the small gathering in one of the tables.

"You shouldn't be here Bon." Matt told her worried. "As soon as night falls things won't be pretty."

"They could be worst if Klaus was here." Bonnie grabbed a beer.

Kol looked at the door. "Spoken a tad too soon."

The mood inside of the bar changed as Klaus walked in, the silence was eerie but he headed to the counter unmoved. "May I have a bourbon shot mate?"

He started pouring the drink with a shaking hand.

"You may leave the bottle." Klaus picked up the glass but turned around so that he could have a look over everyone.

"Your brother has a death wish." Bonnie whispered at Kol.

"He's not the only one." Kol urged her to look at the arriving girl.

Bonnie nearly collapsed when she saw Caroline.

"Jesus Christ, I begged her to stay home." Matt was stunned as well.

The sound from the heels of her black boots echoed as she steadily walked towards the counter where Klaus waited for her with an impressed look on his smug face.

"Hi everyone." she smiled like it was just an ordinary night to hang out in the pub with her friends.

"Care... what are you doing here?" Matt asked her with all the stares on them.