Revenge

Caroline closed her eyes listening to the soothing sound of his heart, how amazing it was to have the privilege of listening to it. He stroked her arm lazily in love with the way her naked body felt against his, she was nested against his chest, resting on her side, her fingers stroked his skin setting it on pure fire and as they lay there on the couch, he found the moment to be perfect.

Caroline was perfect and he wanted to stay in here forever with her, just like this, lying together on a small couch after making love. He snuggled her closer to him, his strong arm warming her back as it was laced around her.
"I wish we could stay here forever." she whispered against his chest, her fingers making idle circles on it.

Klaus moved his head a little so he could look into her eyes, they were so melted together that he didn't have to move much, he stroked her chin and smiled because she was smiling. "Can you read minds now sweetheart as well?" he asked her in a low voice.

She smiled even more. "Judging by the way you made love to me just now, I think you are the one reading my mind..."
Klaus cupped her cheek and kissed her, slow and perfect. He smiled nudging her nose slightly when they broke their kiss.

"But we have to go back... Finn is out there and the devil only knows what he's conjuring..." Klaus moved back to how he was before, staring at the ceiling. "He's probably looking for Mikael."
Caroline looked at him hating the way he looked concerned and serious, she trailed his chin covered in the subtle scruff and smiled remembering how she loved the way it scratched her skin when they made love.

"Then when he comes for us, we will be ready for him." she said in a low but confident voice.
Klaus smiled and faced her, his hand on her face and they joined lips again, she teased him with her tongue, nudged his, ran it over his amazing lips and answered him when he made the kiss deep and avid.

"Jeremy? Say something..." Elena said fighting hard to hold back her tears.
Her brother was silent; he was sitting on the front porch watching the coroner carry his aunt away in a body bag. He was numb but not from drugs, he was in shock, she was the last family he had and now she was dead, he didn't have anyone else.

Elena was desperate, she couldn't reach Jeremy and she knew he needed it. She tried calling Alaric again but the teacher didn't answer her calls and she was seriously worried about him. The new Sheriff came outside her house with Elijah, the Original nodded at the young man and this one left after smiling warmly at Elena.
She could tell he had no experience in this whatsoever; she went to Elijah.

"You think her death was supernatural?" she asked him.
He was surprised that she was thinking so clearly on a time like this. "You should rest now Elena and take care of your brother."

She snapped at Elijah getting inside the house so that Jeremy wouldn't listen to them. "What do you suggest Elijah? That I go make tea or maybe I should go listen to depressing music and cry on my bathroom floor."
"Whatever would make you feel better Elena." he simply said.

She shook her head. "What I need is to find out who did this." she snapped loudly.
Elijah nodded. "Very well... it was done with a knife, it was most likely a fight and she was stabbed by accident.

"So it was a fight. Ok... it could be someone human..."
"Yes." he just said and looked at Jeremy that came inside the house.

The young Gilbert went upstairs, ignoring them, Elena just looked at him going up to his room feeling useless.

Caroline rested her phone against her chin after talking to Elena; it all still felt so surreal to her, another one of them was dead and Alaric was missing.
She looked outside the car window and tried to understand if she was sad, worried or simply unaffected by his disappearance. She smiled when she felt Klaus' hand on hers, she didn't look at him and she just entangled her fingers with his happy that he was here with her.