Fighting back

Today Caroline was attending the town's council along with her mother and while Liz went to talk to the Mayor she searched for her friends.

The girls were outside on the balcony and laughing with a guilty expression.

"Hey peeps, why are we laughing?" Caroline asked them with a smile.

"Check out the Christmas shower curtain on Mrs Giles." Bonnie answered with another giggle.

Discretely Caroline detected the huge baggy dress that had a weird pattern of balls and bells. "Now that's a fashion statement."

Elena shook her head. "You two are just mean..."

Caroline looked at her with puppy eyes. "We are awesome and you love us."

"I'm going to find Alaric..." Elena decided to mingle with the rest of the crowd.

"So I don't have a reliable source but apparently Kol bought The Grill?" Bonnie looked at Caroline surprised.

"Yeah... apparently." she answered while scanning the big room with her eyes.

"Looking for someone in particular? Someone tall... handsome... known to kill entire families every other month?" Bonnie teased her.

Caroline looked at her but without uttering a word.

"What happened?" Bonnie asked her curious.

Caroline touched the loose locks that weren't part of her French braid today. "I kind of... kissed someone." she whispered.

Bonnie smiled. "Kind of?"

Caroline sighed. "I kissed Klaus."

"Willingly?" Bonnie asked slowly.

"Of course Bonnie!"

"Ok... how was it?" Bonnie asked with an interested smile.

"I'm not going to tell you that." Caroline looked away to the crowd again.

"Since when are you so shy about details?" Bonnie asked with a frown.

"It was just a kiss."

Bonnie smiled at the weak determination in her friend's voice. "Did it mess that much with you?"

"He's a really good kisser..." she looked at Bonnie affected.

"Maybe I should ask him if he liked it as much as you did." Bonnie teased as she saw Klaus and Elijah arriving to the meeting.

Caroline tried not to look in his direction and she did really well considering that she managed to keep her determination for a solid 10 minute period, after that she couldn't keep her eyes from where he was, which happened to be just next to her mother, she occasionally tried to keep her attention on Liz but every time her eyes moved that inch she would find his piercing blue eyes looking at her as well.

This was a calamity waiting to happen, neither of them paid attention to what was happening or what was being discussed, they had something else on their minds, something involving the way they kissed and the way they felt around each other.

It wasn't until they heard Caroline's name that they both snapped out of their little eye-sex session.

"You are the Sheriff, shouldn't you be unbiased?" Jules asked again.

Caroline awkwardly felt all eyes on her and wished that she hadn't been busy admiring Klaus' flawless preference for long-sleeved cotton shirts that favored him so much. "What's going on?" she whispered at Bonnie.

"Jules wants your mother to do something about the recent deaths of the werewolves."

Caroline sighed deeply. "Here we go again..."