By your side

Caroline juggled the two coffee mugs in her hand; she was a vampire but still; it was hard opening the door with two mugs in one hand.
She kicked the door gently with her foot. "Elena, open up."

But her friend was taking her time and Caroline frowned, she dropped the mugs on the floor and opened the door to the guest room and wasn't happy to find the bed untouched and Elena gone. She came outside fast, the few men around from Klaus' pack were the target of her rage. "Did you let my friend leave just like that?"

"What friend?" one of them asked.
"Elena." she said mad, crossing her arms for further display of her anger.

"She left last night, not long after the Alpha arrived." one of them said now worried that they were in trouble. "No one told us that she wasn't supposed to leave the house."

Caroline threw her head back and grabbed her cell, she dialed Klaus number.
"Yes sweetheart?"

"Your pack is useless." she said eyeing them mad. They looked at each other, she was able to assign their death if she wished.
"Now love... be gentle, us wolves have feelings as well."

"Elena isn't in the house, she fled and they didn't do anything to stop her."
"They are dead as soon as I return."

Caroline felt a sting of pity for them but she was too mad to react properly now. "I'm going to look for her at her house."
"I don't want you roaming around town alone."

She smiled and started her car. "I'll be fine, you don't have to worry so much."
"Caroline..."

She sighed. "Fine, I'll grab Kol on the way, if he isn't too busy kissing my friend." she giggled and ended the call.

Bonnie parked by The Grill straightening her hair and making sure she looked good before going inside the bar.
A woman showed up in front of her out of nowhere making her frown. "Elena?"

"Not even close." she said and flashed to Bonnie biting her neck before she could do anything.
Bonnie dropped to the floor pressing her bleeding neck and about to pass out when a blonde blur came at the vampire and pushed her away.

Esther's back hit a car and she smiled amused. "A little more feisty now Caroline, are we?"
Caroline tilted her head. "Katherine?" She didn't know the vampire well but knew that Damon had left her with a stake inside an old tomb.

"Hello Caroline."
Caroline didn't like the smile she gave her a tiny bit.

Esther's smile was vicious and dark. "It's been so long dear."
Caroline was confused. "Have we met?"

"Unfortunately you just won't die and stay dead." she said with a sigh.
Caroline wasn't getting any of this but she was getting unsettled by it. "What do you want?"

"Your pain will do wonders for now dear." she said and looked at Bonnie. "Along with your friend's."
Caroline felt something familiar that she couldn't explain about the woman but it wasn't until she looked at her in that superior and judging way that she fully understood.

"How is it possible?" She whispered.
Esther clasped her hands. "Magic."

Caroline backed away to Bonnie. "Can you do anything?"
But Bonnie didn't answer, she was out cold already. Caroline had to do something but Esther came at her and pinned her against Bonnie's minivan. "I'm stronger than you girl. This body is strong enough to make you pay."

"For what?" Caroline asked in a low voice.
"Niklaus was naive and fell right into that sweetness and innocence that you faked but I was never fooled, you played my son so well and then you flirted and seduced Finn."

Caroline was appalled. "I never even looked at Finn."
Esther shook her head with despise. "Lies that you have sold Niklaus."

Caroline shoved her away, showing her fangs but Esther was faster and swiftly grabbed Bonnie. She taunted Caroline by threatening to twist the unconscious girl's neck. "Get inside the car."