Take what is yours

"I just met my future wife." Klaus said with a huge sigh arriving home.
Elijah shook his head. "We have only been in this town for a week Niklaus." he said busy unloading the wagon.

Klaus smiled and helped his brother with the wolf skins and supplies for the Winter. "Her name is Caroline," he said excitedly.
Elijah laughed and moved up to the wagon so he could hand the things to Klaus, it would make their task faster and easier. "Your wife has a beautiful name brother."

Klaus took the heavy load and looked lost in a day-dream. "She's even more beautiful. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my entire life Elijah."
"She must be... to leave you in such condition." Elijah teased him.

"I'm in love Elijah." Klaus said dropping the supplies and moving to face Elijah ready to take one of the creels.
Elijah stopped half way from handing him the creel in his hands. "Brother... what do you mean you are in love? What about the girls you left crying in our old home? All of them clutching their hearts in despair that you were leaving? I heard there were threats of driving daggers into their own hearts even."

Klaus rolled his eyes and took the creel. "Don't be ridiculous..."
Elijah laughed a loud and rich laughter. "Niklaus... I must meet your wife, she must be truly remarkable if she has you claiming fidelity already."

Klaus frowned and looked at his brother. "I can't explain it Elijah..."
"You just met a beautiful girl and she messed with you. That's normal." Elijah sat on the wagon resting his arm on his raised up knee.

"It felt different from all the other girls I've met." he said serious now.
Elijah smiled. "Well... It was bound to happen one day... I feel sorry for the girl but what can we do?" he teased his brother.

Klaus' smile was warm and hopeful. "She will be mine. I just know I met the woman I'm supposed to be with for the rest of my life."
Elijah smiled watching his younger brother, no one could deny this woman had a real impact on him and he knew love at first sight when he was presented with it. "If I didn't know better I would say Niklaus that you have the werewolf gene in you and that you just met your mate."

Klaus laughed pulling a face. "You have been spending too much time under the sun today."
Elijah returned the laughter. "I know... it makes no sense because if anyone, it would be Finn with it but... do you remember what the elder people used to say at our village?"

"That werewolves only fall truly in love with one woman during their entire life..."
"And no one is able to explain it, some even say that sometimes the love between them is so powerful that they are bound to meet life after life."

"No more wine for you brother." Klaus said serious.
Elijah laughed and stood up returning to his task. "You are right Niklaus, I don't want to cause a poor impression on my favourite brother's wife."

Klaus smiled showing his dimples. "That would be awful indeed. Caroline would not enjoy that at all."
"Have you sorted out the names to your children already? Elijah is a good name for a boy." Elijah said giving Klaus the last load and stepping down from the wagon.

Klaus laughed throwing his head back. "I would have to be insane to name my first-born after you."
"Did I not just say you are my favourite brother?" Elijah was appalled.

"Only because you needed my help." Klaus finished with a smile and moved inside the family hut with a few loads.
Elijah shook his long curly hair laughing and followed Klaus.

Klaus was watching the storm forming outside, building up inside of him as well. He looked away from the window and saw her sleeping, she looked peaceful and to be finally resting without worry. It still wasn't easy on him, he didn't linger on her.
It was proving hard to handle all the things she had told him. His own brother lusted against the woman he loved.