It's me

Caroline was still shaking as she took the glass with water that Elijah handed her. "Thanks..." she whispered into their living room.
"I know this must be a lot to take in..." he gently told her.

She sipped on the water. "I just don't know what's happening and I feel like all this happened to someone else, not me."
"It's complicated Caroline."

"How can I remember all these things? Because the dreams are memories, they are way too real to be just imagination."
"The tricky part of the spell was that Niklaus wasn't supposed to remember you until I found the right reincarnation of you. Without that, it wouldn't work, it would be some girl with your face but without the memories, a shallow body with no recollection of the undying love you both felt for each other."

Caroline looked up to Elijah. "Undying love?"
Elijah smiled. "I think we need to start this story from the beginning..."

Caroline took in a slow deep painful breath.

The Mikaelson family was well-known in the village by now, even if they had only arrived a week ago.
All the women wanted the dashing handsome sons to marry their daughters and all the young girls had their favourite ones chosen already.

Caroline was on the market and her friend Tatia wouldn't shush about these brothers, she was the village's most beautiful girl so of course she had her hawk eye set on the one she referred as the most perfect man she had ever laid eyes upon.
The blonde one, third to the Mikaelson clan and already known to be flirty with women. Of course Tatia was set on stealing his heart and gloat at all the other girls when she did so.

She was describing him to Caroline as they did their daily chores buying food and wine, and Caroline happily ignored her; she wasn't interested in getting married just yet, besides her family was poor and she knew how hard it would be to get attention from a decent boy she hopefully would come to love one day.
"There they are." Tatia said excited.

"Thank you Cordelia." Caroline thanked the girl who sold her bread and placed it inside her basket. She sighed because Tatia wouldn't give up and eventually looked to where she was unable to keep staring.
Three young men stood there very annoyed and waiting for the tall older man, probably their father.

The man said something and left with the one that had long dark curly hair, Caroline couldn't help to be curious about them and tried to sneak a discrete look at their already very famous faces.
She caught the blonde one with his back on her and she lowered her eyes as he shook his broad back laughing at something the brown-haired had said.

Caroline moved checking the new fabrics that Cordelia's mother had for sale, she smiled at the bright colours and ran her hand through them, maybe one day she would be able to own something pretty like this. The deep blue cotton fabric caught her eye instantly.
But that wasn't all her attention required, she looked at where the boys were and slowly raised her eyes meeting a couple of intense blue eyes staring back at her.

She quickly looked down feeling her cheeks burn; she smiled at Tatia that was still talking about something she couldn't bother with and caught her lip between her teeth before she build the courage to look up again. She found him ignoring his younger brothers that happily talked; he was staring at her, serious and with a spark in his eyes; Caroline smiled and looked down from his intense staring again.

"Are you listening to me at all?" Tatia finally asked her annoyed.
"Sorry Tatia, I'm running late and my mother will be upset so I must be on my way." she softly said and left. She fought the urge to look after the man again.

"Caroline love, please take these to your mother." a woman called out to her.
She smiled at Mrs Filiz and took the huge wolf skins she handed her, Caroline's knees buckled under the weight of it but she forced a smile. "Thank you Mrs Filiz"