Part Four: Christophsis

"Are the bombs in place?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. Now, we wait for General Raja's signal."

Athena sat in front of the trap, maintain her meditation pose as she did. Her eyes were closed and she couldn't see anything. The only thing she could do was listen for the metallic footsteps of the droids approaching.

Her eyes opened once more, seeing the droid army approaching from afar and quickly got up, running towards the North building, where there she waved her scarf, giving Rex and the men the signal.

"Sir, the droids are on their way." Rex said to Anakin as he took the scopes away from his eyes and looked at him. Anakin nodded before approaching his Captain's side, looking through his scopes too, but at the droid army which wasn't too far from them.

"I hope this works.." Anakin and Rex heard as they turned to see Athena already in the room tying her scarf around her waist. "I hope so, too. But I faith in you, Athena. Now, we wait."

Athena looked around the room, the anxiety from off of the men was what made nervous but also proud. They were anxious to get into battle, they were ready. And she was ready, too. Ready to protect them.

: Anakin, how are you guys doing over there? : Athena heard Obi-Wan ask through the comms. "We're set. I've got some guys here that are anxious to get going."

: Glad to hear it. : Athena shook her head, a smirk on her face as she looked at Anakin. "You're forgetting about this lady."

"Oh, I'm sorry. And a lady, too." Anakin said, mocking Obi-Wan's accent as Athena shook her head once more, a small laugh escaping her lips as she did. Athena's smile dropped her face as she felt Obi-Wan's distress and distraught. She wasn't sure why, that is until a clone trooper called for the two Generals.

"Sirs! General Kenobi's under attack!" Athena and Anakin looked out the window and saw Obi-Wan and his men were indeed getting attacked. "Obi-Wan? What's going on?"

: We're cut off! The droids are onto us! : Obi-Wan shouted as Athena looked Anakin. "We need to help him."

"Gunship, come in. Hawk, we need an evac in the South tower." Anakin quickly said, catching Athena off guard. : Roger that, sir. We're coming. :

"South tower? We're in the North." Rex said in uncertainty as Athena and Anakin smirked at each other. "Not for long." Anakin said while slashing at the glass with his lightsaber and breaking the window open. "Rex, fire you cables!"

Rex ordered his men to fire cables to the South building, which some troopers did before Athena came towards one of the cables. "Race to the other side."

"Hey! No fair! You know how to run on cables, I don't!" Anakin retorted, causing Rex to look between the two. "Well, good luck!" And with that, Athena ran along the cables, unclipping both her lightsabers from off her belt as she did and the blades igniting a blue and and a sky blue color.

The droids saw this and immediately open fired on her. She came to a stop which was in the middle between the South and the North and she held herself steady, blocking shots and deflecting them back to the droids. She felt pressure on the cable and looked to see Anakin, Rex, and a few other troopers zipping down fast. Athena ran, blocking the shots that were coming a little too close to the cable before she burst through the window, slashing at the droids that spotted her and began firing.

Just as she was about to take another droid down, a shot was fired and she turned around and saw Rex was the one that fired that shot. Athena nodded to him, her way of saying thank you, before she continued to take down the droids that were surrounding Obi-Wan and his squad.

"This way is clear!" Anakin shouted while blocking shots too. "How did you get over here?"

"We improvised!" Athena shouted while running up to some droids and cutting them down before blocking more shots. Obi-Wan force pushed a supply droid into the remaining group of droids before more of them came.

"To the lift, now!" Athena shouted as Anakin and Obi-Wan, along with the remaining troops made their way to lift, everyone making their way inside to squeeze in. Athena blocked one last shot before running into the lift.

"Alright! Now what?" Obi-Wan asked while Athena looked around for Hawk and the gunship. "He should have been here by now."

More droids started to swarm onto the rooftop and Athena, Anakin, and Obi-Wan unveiled their lightsabers, immediately attacking them as they came. Athena had cut down a few battle droids before she ran up to a droid that was coming behind Anakin and slashed at it.

"Thanks! I owe you one!"

"No, you owe me like a thousand!" Athena joked before she force pushed a group of droids away. She heard a whirring sound and turned around to see that the gunship had arrived and was waiting for them.

"Captain Rex! Have your men retreat back to the gunship now!" Athena exclaimed to Rex as he looked her way and nodded. "Yes, sir! Men, fall back now!"

The troops ran, jumping onto the gunship since it couldn't land and Athena went with them. She blocked shots that were coming at them, but there was two that she missed and it had hit two clones, killing them instantly.

"No!" Athena gasped out as she watched them fall. She stopped dead in her tracks as she looked at them, not even bothering to answer Anakin when he was shouting at her to get onto the gunship.

She was soon pulled out of thought when Anakin had grabbed her arm, literally dragging her onto the gunship and the doors closed immediately to prevent anymore shots from being fired at anyone else.

Athena stood there, looking down at her feet. She could've blocked the shots. She could've seen them coming. But she didn't. She failed to get the only two shots that instantly killed those two men back there.

Athena crossed her arms, knowing that she isn't going to let that go. It's already her first day and she feels like she's already failed.

"But you haven't." She heard as she looked up at Anakin. "You haven't failed. You did the best you could, Athena. Don't blame yourself for what happened."

"Thanks, Ani.."