Part Five: Intel

"Alright, let's get this thing plugged in

"Alright, let's get this thing plugged in." Cody said while Rex sat the tactical droid's head onto the table and hooked it to the debriefing table.

"The Republic Army is in the north and south towers, level 46."

"This doesn't make sense." Rex mumbled. He groaned in annoy when the droid head blew a fuse before he shook his head.

"Blast!"

"Looks like we're not the only ones having a bad day." The two officers heard as they straightened up when spotting Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Athena walking into the command center. "Generals."

"At ease. What do you have?" Athena said, approaching Rex's side. "They had all our intel, sirs. Everything."

"That could explain the ambush. How did we leave ourselves so vulnerable to a security breach?" Anakin asked as Athena looked at the droid's head, crossing her arms once more. "I don't think we did."

"What? You think someone infiltrated our defenses?" Anakin asked as Athena looked back at him. "Maybe, I'm not sure.."

"No, Athena's right. It could be possible. It would have to be someone cunning and resourceful enough to gain access to all our plans." Obi-Wan butted in, causing Athena to lean forward a little on the table.

"But that still doesn't explain how they knew.." Anakin said as Athena looked up at him, then at the droid head once more. "No, you're right. They wouldn't be working alone. They'd have someone working with them."

"A spy, sir? But who would want to betray us to the Seppies?" Cody asked while looking between all three Generals.

"Excellent question, Commander. I think it's time we make a visit behind enemy lines." Rex grabbed his blasters from off another table and was prepared to leave, but stopped him. "No, Captain. We need you and Commander Cody to stay here and find out more about this security breach. Athena, think you can help them with this?"

"Of course. We'll do what needs to be done." Athena said with a small nod as she looked to Rex and Cody. "You can count on us, sir." Rex acknowledged before Obi-Wan nodded to them.

"And one more thing, this mission is extremely confidential. The traitor could be anyone. Let no one know of the mission." Obi-Wan warned as the General and two officers nodded and Anakin and Obi-Wan left the room.

"What do we do first, General Raja?" Cody asked as Athena sighed, her eyes continued to stay fixated on the droid's head. However, her train of thought was interrupted by a beeping sound. She took her attention to it and gasped when she realized it was a commlink and it was on.

"No, no! Shoot!" Athena mumbled while grabbing the commlink. "What is it, sir?!" Rex frantically asked as he watched the woman turn to him, his curious caramel eyes meeting her shockingly bright blue eyes.

"Someone left their commlink on. Someone heard everything!" Athena exclaimed as she looked towards the door and rushed over to it, looking outside to see if anyone was around. She spotted a figure just down the left hallway and watched as it took off. "Hey, you! Stop!"

She ran off, Rex and Cody running also to catch up with her as she chased the person who she believed was the traitor. "Cody, you follow him! Rex and I will take the west corridor to try and cut him off!"

"You got it, sir!" Cody replied while Rex and I took the west corridor and Cody took the east. Athena rounded a corner, Rex following closely while holding up one of his blasters. "Set it to stun, Rex. We need to detain him."

"You got it." Rex said while setting his blaster to stun. Athena felt a tap at her arm and looked to see Rex handing her his other blaster. "You know how to use one, sir?"

"I do." Athena said before she held it in place. She watched as a shadow emerged on a wall and the person came around the corner. What made Athena lower the blaster was when the person came out of the shadows and it was Cody, his hands raised to show he wasn't a threat.

Athena sighed before she looked towards the mess hall. "He must have went in the mess hall." Rex said as Athena nodded, entering the mess hall only to see more than a dozen clone troopers chatting away over their food. Athena shook her head, she couldn't believe that one of these men were the traitor.

She may have betrayed her sister by joining the Jedi Order and train under them, but she won't betray her as to spreading her secrets or weaknesses, or even get our sisters killed. And that's exactly what this person did. Whoever they were.

"This isn't good." Cody said while approaching Athena's side as did Rex. "Yeah. The only people in here are brothers."

"Who would want to betray their own brothers?" Athena asked while looking between the two. "I don't know. But we better head back to the command center and figure this out."

"Right. Let's go."