Part Six: Investigate

"One of our own? Great! But which one?" Rex asked in anger as Athena shook her head

"One of our own? Great! But which one?" Rex asked in anger as Athena shook her head. "I'm not sure. But we better keep this to ourselves. Cody, try and contact Obi-Wan or Anakin."

"You got it, sir." Cody acknowledged before walking away to the communication panel. Athena looked Rex, his face was blank and looking down at the debriefing table, but she could sense his disbelief and his anger that one of his brothers would betray them. "Rex?"

"Yes, sir?"

"I know that this is painful, knowing that one of your brothers would betray you, but when we catch this guy, don't do anything you'll regret." Athena warned, this time, instead of seeing the side of his face, she was met with his dark golden orbs. Dark from anger. Dark from pain. She didn't have to see the change in his facial expressions to know he was angry.

"Sir, I can't contact General Kenobi or General Skywalker. Whoever it is doesn't want us contacting them. We're going to have to find this guy on our own." Cody explained as Athena made her way over to the communication panel. She thought for a moment before she remembered Anakin's R2 unit, R2-D2, was still in the room. She looked around for him and spotted him near the debriefing table.

"R2, come here real quick. I need you to plug in." Athena called as R2 rolled himself over to the panel, immediately plugging in as he did. "What is he doing?"

"The guard got his message out somehow. All we have to do is find it." Rex said, coming up behind Athena. She turned slightly to look at him before she looked back at R2.

"So, what? He just sat down and wrote a note?" Cody joked as Athena chuckled softly. "Gotta start somewhere."

"R2 found something." Rex called as Athena jumped down from the debriefing table and approached R2 and Rex's side, seeing that there was a red dot popping up on the datapad. "What is it? Is it the traitor?"

"I don't know. Maybe." Rex said while looking through the signal.

"What is he looking for?" Cody asked as Athena looked through the datapad. "Wavelength interference, weak frequencies, spotty, irregular. See how it shows up every few days, then disappears? Day to day, you wouldn't notice it."

R2 had beeped something before Cody looked at Rex and Athena. "What is it?"

"It's the pattern." Athena said while Rex handed her the datapad and she looked over it. "The band's only coming off one terminal in the whole base."

Athena handed the datapad back to Rex before himself and Cody looked over it again. "Slick's barracks. Only Slick's men would have access to that terminal."

"Yeah. Slick's not gonna like that." Rex said as Athena turned to them both. "No, he's not. But if one of his men is giving away our intel, we have to find him and sort this out." Athena said with determination as Rex and Cody straightened up in acknowledgement.

"Sir, I think it would be best if you stay here." Cody said as Athena furrowed her eyebrows. "Why?"

"Well, people know you're a General now. And they know you're a Jedi. I don't think the traitor will reveal himself with you in the room." Rex assured as Athena nodded, realizing it's for the best. "Okay, but one of you contact me if anything happens."

"You got it, sir."

The two officers had been gone for a long time and Athena was starting to worry. What if something had happened? What if it wasn't any of Slick's men? She wasn't sure, all she could do was wait until Rex or Cody contacted her.

As if on cue, her commlink beeped and she quickly answered it.

"What do you got?"

: It's Slick, sir! He's the traitor! He's heading for the weapons depot, probably finding a craft to escape with! : Athena's eyes went wide when hearing this from Rex and she quickly grabbed her lightsabers and the blaster Rex gave her and ran out of the command center to find Rex and Cody.