Part Nine: Padawan

"Go, go, go!"

"Go, go, go!"

"They're back!"

"Yeah! We can see that, Ani! Now focus!"

"I told you this victory was too easy! We never should have sent the ship back for supplies!"

"It wasn't my idea to send the ship back!"

"Okay, okay! You're both pretty! Can we get back on track?!"

"Right. Men, second wave incoming!"

"Rex, you and your men follow me. You too, Athena."

"Right behind you, Ani."

"What's our plan of attack, sirs?" Rex asked while looking to both of his Generals for input. Athena and Anakin smirked at each other before Anakin looked back at Rex.

"Athena?"

"You got it, Ani. Hang back for a bit, boys. I'll spare you the trouble." Athena said smirking at the men this time before she jumped off the top of a building and onto a tri-droid below. With one swift move, she used her lightsabers and had cut into it and sliding down the side of the droid, cutting one of it's guns off before landing on the ground.

The tri-droid began firing it's remaining blasters, which Athena avoided while running up along one of it's legs and cutting it off mid way. The droid fell off balance of it's third leg and Athena jumped up, landing on top of the droid's head as it crumpled to the ground.

"Show off.." Anakin mumbled before he jumped down from the roof as well, the men following after him on their jetpacks as Athena blocked the shots being thrown at her by the other tri-droids approaching.

She heard yelling and turned quickly to see that Obi-Wan and the rest of the men were making their way over to help. Athena ran up onto another tri-droid, one that Anakin had landed on and had began blocking shots with him when she got there.

"So, I see you're enjoying yourself.." Athena said while blocking another shot. "Enjoying myself? You were the one showing off!"

"It's called maximum effort! You should try it!" Athena said while blocking one more shot that had hit the tri-droid in front of them and caused it to crash. Both of them jumped from the tri-droid they stood on and slashed at it's legs before landing on the ground.

"I think I will. What's the number?" Anakin joked as Athena shook her head. "You still need to work on that humor of yours."

"You two took your time!" Obi-Wan complained while arriving at their side, blocking more shots. Athena rolled her eyes before she deflected the shots back to the droids. "We're gonna need reinforcements."

"We haven't been able to get through to the Admiral." Obi-Wan explained causing Athena to deflect a shot and groan. "Why does it have to be today to lose contact with the Admiral?!"

The shots had ceased and Athena looked back to see that the droids retreating back to their field. Athena sighed in relief before she heard an engine and looked up to see a transport ship coming in. "Looks like help had arrived."

"Thank the Force!"

"Our cruiser must be back."

"Which means we'll be able to get our reinforcements." Anakin and Obi-Wan spoke while Athena began to feel a shiver run down her spine. She remembered before she left the Jedi Temple to meet the troops that she was going to be assigned a Padawan. She didn't know why, but she felt today was the day she was going to meet them.

She didn't know how they were going to react to them being taught under her, or if they'll accept her. She didn't know. But she tuned back into Obi-Wan and Anakin's conversation.

"...and perhaps they brought my new Padawan with them." Athena's head perked up at this. Since when was Obi-Wan getting a new Padawan? Athena blinked a couple of times before she spoke up, "Um..Obi-Wan? I didn't know you had requested for a Padawan."

"I did. You should request for one too. You'd make a great teacher. You too, Anakin."

"I did. And I feel like whoever your Padawan is will be with mine as well." Athena said, causing Anakin to raise an eyebrow. "Woah, woah, woah. You? A teacher? Ha!"

"What's that suppose to mean?" Athena said slightly punching Anakin in the arm. "N-nothing! Forget I said anything!"

As the three approached the transport ship, the back doors had opened and two Padawans had walked off, looking around the scenery to make sure they were in the right place.

"Younglings?" Obi-Wan asked in shock, while Athena looked just as shocked as he did. She couldn't believe it. She recognized one of the Padawans.

Shiva Tai. A Mandalorian. She had met her a few times at the Jedi Temple and seemed really nice. But she wasn't sure if she was assigned to her or to the Togruta girl.

"And who are you suppose to be?" Anakin asked as the Togruta girl looked at the three Generals and smiled. "I'm Ahsoka. This is Shiva. Master Yoda sent us. We were told to tell the three of you that you must get back to the Jedi Temple immediately. There's an emergency."

"Well, I don't know if you noticed, but we're in a bit of an emergency right here." Anakin said a bit rudely causing Athena to elbow him in the ribs. "Um, yes. Our communications have been a bit unreliable, but we've been calling for help." Athena explained as the Togruta girl, Ahsoka, looked at her.

"Master Yoda hadn't heard from you so he sent me to deliver the message."

"Oh, great! They don't even know we're in trouble." Anakin exclaimed as Ahsoka came up with an idea. "Maybe you can relay a signal through the cruiser that just dropped me off."

Athena looked at Anakin with a smirk before he rolled his eyes and sighed. "Alright. Lead the way, youngling."

Ahsoka, Obi-Wan, and Anakin walked away, leaving Athena and the Mandalorian girl, Shiva, standing alone. "Hello, Master."

"Shiva. It's good to see you again." Athena said while both herself and Shiva shook hands. "Good to see you too, Master. I can't wait to be taught under you."

"I...can't wait, too. I just...hope you don't mind me being..you know.."

"Master, I come from a family with a very crazy history. You and I are no different from one another." Athena and Shiva shared a small laugh before they smiled to each other.

"I think we're going to get along just fine."

"Me too, Master. Me too."