Part Seven: Pursue

"Got a trace on him?" Athena asked once she spotted Cody and Rex in the weapons depot

"Got a trace on him?" Athena asked once she spotted Cody and Rex in the weapons depot. "Yes, sir. He's near one of those gunships."

"Alright, remember set your blasters to stun." Athena said while checking to make sure Rex's blaster was still on stun. "You got it, sir."

As soon as Rex and Cody had set their blasters to stun, Rex had led them to the signal that Slick was giving off. Though, Athena couldn't sense him where Rex said he was. Something was wrong and she knew it.

She followed behind anyway, just to make sure she wasn't wrong. Cody and Rex had stopped when they got to the signal, but Athena immediately knew it wasn't Slick. Instead she saw an explosive hook to a holster belt and she stood there frozen as she saw it.

"General, get down!" She heard and was immediately tackled to the ground as the explosive went off near the gunship, then a few more went off near other gunships as well. Athena had her eyes closed, so she couldn't tell what she had landed on. However she felt a slightly tight grip on her and she opened her eyes to see a chestplate facing her. As she moved to get up, she realized that it was Rex who had tackled her.

She watched as he got up to his feet before turning back to her. "Are you alright, General?"

"Yeah. I'm okay." Athena assured while Rex helped her to her feet. "You sure?"

"Yeah. What about you?" She asked noticing a small scratch on the side of his cheek. "It's just a scratch. I'm fine." Athena nodded, but not before wiping the small trace of blood, running from the scratch, with her thumb. "Glad to hear it. Cody? You okay?"

"I'm good, sir. Slick took out our weapons depot. He's not trying to escape." Cody said while standing up. Athena looked at Rex one last time before she looked to the ground crossing her arms. "How do we get this guy?"

"I don't know. He knows our moves before we even make them." Cody said as Athena shook her head.

"Sir! We spotted Slick heading for the command center!" One trooper said while running up to them. "Alright, let's head there!"

"Hmm, pretend you're Slick, what would you do?" Athena asked as she held up Rex's blaster high and ready to fire. Though she knew that Slick was in the room, she had to be careful not to scare him off or they would lose him again.

"Well, my cover's been blown, time to go. But I don't take a ship to make it look obvious.." Rex began before he rounded the panel in front of him and saw footprints leading up to the vents above. Athena turned around noticing that Rex had trailed off, but paused when she saw Rex nodded to the prints and then up at the vents.

Athena looked up, seeing a pair of feet near the bars and scoffed softly.

'Of all the obvious places, he had to make it easy for us.' Athena thought while shaking her head. "The lockdown. He's trying to get past the lockdown. But he's blinded us by taking out the power. He could have taken out the entire security system!" Rex exclaimed as Athena rounded about the table, seeing Slick's face, but he couldn't see her. He was looking directly at the blaster that Cody had sat on the table while talking to Rex.

"...Or does he? Yeah, I see what you mean." Rex added before he grabbed his blaster from off another table nearby. "You two, go to the South exit." Athena ordered as Rex and Cody stopped dead in their tracks.

"What are you going to do, sir?" Cody asked as Athena smirked towards him. "I'm going to get the power back up, see if that helps."

"Do you know how to do that, sir?"

"I think I know how to do a few things, Captain." Athena said with in a 'duh' tone, causing Rex to shake his head and both him and Cody pretended to leave, only to hide behind a table. Athena turned back around, hearing a soft thud behind her when she did.

"Hello, Slick, is it? I'm not sure I've met you yet." Athena spoke to Slick, not turning around to face him. "Yeah? Well, I'd rather not meet you, witch. Can't believe the Jedi are stupid enough to allow some witch scum to command my brothers."

"You're right about one thing." Athena said when she felt Slick poke the blaster at the back of her head. "I am a witch. But I'm also a smart witch. And one thing you should know about me, I don't leave a loaded blaster." Just as she turned around to face him, she held up the magazine that was in the blaster and smirked at Slick's shocked and dumbfounded face.

Athena smirked even more when she saw Rex and Cody pop up behind him with their blasters to the back of his head. "Captain, Commander."

"General. You alright?" Cody asked as Athena nodded. "I'm fine. Just getting to the traitor, is all."

"And you know what the funny thing is, traitor? We knew you wouldn't take a chance for the exits while they're blocked." Rex said while Slick rose his arms. "I would have stayed behind to open them myself."

"Don't get a job done till you've guaranteed the odds, huh?"

"You knew I was here." Slick mumbled while Athena snatched the empty blaster from his hands. "Of course we did. And even if you knew how to cover your tracks, I'm a Jedi. I can sense you even if you were in a place where we couldn't find you."

"I'm not the traitor, guys. She is!" Slick began before he lunged at Athena, kicking the blaster out of her hands and landing a punch to her face. Rex came up behind him, grabbing him with both of his arms but had lost his grip. Just as he did, he felt a hard blow to his nose from Slick elbowing him.

Athena got back to her feet just in time to see Slick knee Cody in the face and make a run for it towards the door. Athena rushed after him, jumping on him and forcing him down to the ground. He tried fighting back, but Athena, using the Force, forced him onto the ground and held him as best as he could till either Rex or Cody got to their feet.

"R-Rex? C-Cody?" She strained, trying her best to hold Slick down, but because he was trying his hardest to break free of the trap, he was draining her strength. Somewhere, he broke free from it which caused Athena to gasp for air.

He didn't give her time to react as he had ran up to her and kicked her in her abdomen, sending her flying into a table a couple feet away and her back hitting it hard. Her back didn't break, but she started to hear a ringing in her ears and her vision started to go a little blurry.

She heard a muffle yell, but before she could make out who it was. She had blacked out.