Part Ten: Captain Rex

Shiva stood next to her Master, sweat running down from her forehead to the brow as they approached the communication panel, where they saw Ahsoka, Anakin and Obi-Wan looked at each other awkwardly

: Master Kenobi, glad Ahsoka and Shiva found you, I am. : Jedi Master Yoda said as Shiva stood next to Ahsoka and Athena next to Anakin. "Master Yoda, we are trapped here, and vastly outnumbered. We are in no position to go anywhere or do anything. Our support ships have all been destroyed."

: Send reinforcements to you, we will- : The transmission ended and Athena looked at Obi-Wan and Anakin as it did. "They must be jamming our signal."

: I'm afraid not, sir. We've lost the transmission and more enemy ships have arrived. We have to leave orbit. We'll get back to you as soon as we can. : The transmission ended from the cruiser and Anakin sighed heavily. "Well, I guess we'll have to hold out a little longer."

"You think?" Athena said while placing her hands on her hips. Ahsoka looked at Shiva with a disappointed look before she looked back at Anakin and Obi-Wan.

"My apologies, young one. It's time for a proper introduction." Obi-Wan said with a genuine smile as Ahsoka's eyes lit up and nodded. "I'm the new Padawan learner. I'm Ahsoka Tano."

"I'm Obi-Wan Kenobi. Your new Master." Obi-Wan greeted with a bright smile, though Ahsoka looked at him in confusion. "I'm at your service, Master Kenobi. But I'm afraid I've actually been assigned to Master Skywalker."

"What?! No, no, no! There must be some mistake! He's the one who wanted a Padawan!" Anakin exclaimed as Athena looked at Shiva, trying to hold back her laughter, as was Shiva.

"No. Master Yoda was very specific. I'm assigned to Anakin Skywalker and he is to supervise my Jedi training." Ahsoka explained causing Athena and Obi-Wan to smirk at each other. "But that doesn't make any sense!"

"We'll have to sort this out later." Obi-Wan said cutting in between the two. "Obi-Wan's right. It won't be long before those droids figure out a way around our cannons."

"I'll check on Rex in the lookout post.." Anakin grumbled while starting to walk away. "I'll come with you. Come on, Shiva."

"Right behind you, Master." Shiva acknowledged while following her Master. "You'd better take her with you, Anakin." Obi-Wan said, a hint of a smirk in his voice as Anakin rolled his eyes and continued walking, Ahsoka following beside Shiva and Athena.

"What's the status, Rex?" Anakin asked as soon as Anakin, Athena, and their Padawans approached the Captain. "Quiet for now, sirs. They're gearing up for another assault. Um..who are the younglings?"

"I'm Master Skywalker's Padawan. The name's Ahsoka Tano." Ahsoka greeted with a smirk. "And I'm Shiva Tai, Master Athena's Padawan."

Rex looked at them for a moment before taking his attention to Anakin. "Sir, I thought you said you'd never have a Padawan."

"There's been a mix up. The youngling isn't with me." Anakin replied in annoyance as Ahsoka glared at him. "Stop calling me that! You're stuck with me, Skyguy."

Rex had bursted into a fit of laughter, as did Athena and Shiva, though Athena covered her mouth to try and stop herself, but she couldn't and had rested a hand on her Padawan's shoulder to stop herself from falling to the ground. "I like that nickname, Ahoska." Shiva said through her giggle as Anakin turned to the Togruta girl.

"What did you just call me? Look, don't get snippy with me, little one! You know, I don't even think you're old enough to be a Padawan!" Anakin fired back as Ahsoka crossed her arms.

"Maybe I'm not! But Master Yoda thinks I am." Ahsoka said smirking at him as she did. "Yeah, well, you're not with Master Yoda now. So if you're ready, you better start proving it. Captain Rex will show you how respect goes a long way." Anakin said, causing Rex's eyes to go wide in disbelief as he looked from his General to the Padawan.

"Uh, right. Um..come on, youngling."

"Padawan." Ahsoka corrected softly as she walked away with Rex. "Um, Master? Could I go with them?"

"Sure. Why not?" Shiva smiled before she walked away too, leaving Anakin to shake his head. "I think Obi-Wan had set me up."

"You think, 'Skyguy' ?" Athena asked while looking up at him with her arms crossed. "Oh, come on. You too?"

"What?! It's a cute nickname I like it!"