broken hearts

.......

I took my blade out and looked at it for a while. It hurt, it always did but seeing your blood makes it better. I was about to push it through my skin when I heard a knock from my window. I looked towards it and found Leo there. He was wearing his usual black, just like me.

He was my neighbor and... the bother I never had. He was my best friend and the only person I could call family in this black whole called life.

We have so much in common like how we both love black and hate meeting new people.

But above all we both have the worst parents. His is the abusive while mine are ignorant. They don't care about me, they have told me loud and clear.

I remember that time when they told me how much they hate me. How much they wished they never had me. How much my mom wished she had abortion. That's when the cuts started. But that was a long time ago. Now am 17 and that happened while I was 14.

I heard another loud bang so I went to open my window. The rain immediately hit me and I was tempted to close it but I don't want Leo to be out in the rain. What he gets in his house is enough.

"Jesus girl, why didn't you open soon?" He asked while dripping water on my carpet and rubbing his arms together.

"Sorry I was busy." With that I put my blade back into my bedside drawer. I didn't need to hide it since he knew.

He frowned a bit but then got what I was talking about and went to take a towel from my closet. I don't mind it since we usually just pop into each other's room and rummage through the others stuff. But we both know when to stop.

He dried himself and went to sit on my bed. If it was any other day I would of pushed him off but today is a hard day for him, for both of us.

He sighed and bent down his head to hold it in his hands. His hair was still went and dripping but I didn't care at the moment. I took my chair which was blocking the way to the toilet (how did it got there?) and sat in front of him.

We both were silent which is a new thing since we always had something to talk or argue for that matter. But today was exceptional. It was the death anniversary of his mom, my almost mom.

She was the one that took me to school. The one that taught me how to ride a bicycle, how to cook. The one that helped me through my homework. The one that picked me up and wiped my tears when I fall. She was the mom I never had.

She treated both me and Leo equally since she knew about my parents. Not the whole thing but that they didn't give me much attention. She and Mr. Joules, leos abusive dad. He wasn't like that
before. He was kind and sweet. And I always envied Leo for having such great parents. But that doesn't mean I don't love him. I love him like my brother, he was always there for me.

The abusing started when Catherine, Leo's mom, died. It was a car accident. Some drank driver came flying towards her and then BANG! She was in a comma for 4 months. But in the end she died on June 13. Leo's birthday.

The whole town knew how and when she died so they usually just kept silent. But there are times when they forget and say HBD in postcard or person. If they are new he will just say thanks and leave but if they had known.....

So here we are silent and sad, the rain pouring outside. Reflecting our mood. She died when I was around 13. My parents got worse after that. I don't even want to remember the number of times I have stitched up his wounds or lied for him at school when he couldn't walk.

I heard a sniffing and looked at Leo to find him crying. Fresh tears stared pouring out of mine too. That's when we both jumped into each other's hand. He was crying on my shoulder while I held him trying to be strong for him. He had a hard exterior but in the inside? He was my teddy bear.

"I miss her." He whispered into my ear.

"I miss her too big bro." I say that to him very few times but evertime I say I feel a bit better. As if I wasn't alone in this world.

"Why can't we be normal kids? Why can't we have normal parents? Why can't..." He continued on ' why can't ' while breaking down even more. I guess he is indeed tired of life.

So I continued holding him while crying myself. We were never normal and would never be normal. Were just Leo and Alia, two kids with abusive and ignorant parent's who don't care about us. We only had each other and would only have each other forever. Cause it seemed like that. Everyday I would dream of us in another place another world leaving happily. But in the end we would be always be back here.

I just wished you were here to fix everything mom.
............

Okay don't kill me people. I know it is not my best work and I know it sucks but deal with it. Am not in the mood today.

Any guesses right?

Till the final journey to this book,
May we meet again.

Vote comment share but most importantly ENJOY

God bless you all! Bye✌