Granny

Betty sighed, dragging herself back to her room. She can try to understand her dad, but her grandma too? She changed to a dark purple, high waist dress and walked back the way she came. 

"What about now?" She smiled and twirled around. Hoping to get something positive from them. But no, nothing ever goes the way she hopes.

"Too short." Clark, her dad, was dead serious when he said that. He and his mom were helping her choose an outfit for her first day as a junior.

"Are you seriously, serious? It's only an inch or two above my knees." She looked at her grandma for help, but no use.

"Ughhh..."She stomped back and threw on matching baggy pants and tee-shirt. She looked herself up and down in her floor length mirror, knowing there was something they wouldn't agree with.

"Don't even dare say..."

"Jacket." 

"What?" Everyone knew she hated being interrupted, let alone her dad.

"Jacket, it's negative something degree outside and you wanna go out in a tee-shirt?" 

"Well, I feel negativity here too." She muttered under her breath.

"What was that hunny?" 

"Oh, granny? You finally decided to speak. I was scared you became mute back there." Cilia smiled back at her. 

"I hate you both!" She took a jeans jacket and jumped down the stairs. 

"Love you too." The two chorused, laughing at their girl.  

..................

Betty's POV

"I am sooo domed." Everything is a mess. Everything. I was about to shout into my pillow when the door opened.

"And what is the problem now?" I didn't wait till she gave me the knowing look. 

I jumped of my bed and started ranting off,"My hair is a mess, I suck at makeup and don't even get me started on my dress. And my shoes..."

"Breath, breath." Granny pushed me down to my bed and sat beside me.

"What am I going to do?"

"Not panicking seems like an option." I was tempted to roll my eyes but I didn't want her to leave. She got up and started rummaging through my wardrobe.

"I have already done that." But she completely ignored me. I sighed in defeat and leaned against the headboard of my bed.

"Who is he, by the way?"

"Who is who?" Why don't I have the ability to lie?

"Don't play dumb with me. And try this out." A red thing smacked me right on the face.

"A normal person would of handed it to me you know." But obviously it ended on deaf ears. I didn't bother to cover my annoyance. I stripped down my onesies and put on the red dress she smacked me with.

It had small horses all over it with extra fabric around it's neck. I was about to ask her the belt when she threw it at me.

"Thanks granny." She smiled back and wiggled my black heels.

"Heels???" I want my leg thank you very much.

"Comfort or beauty?" I was usually comfort but today was not 'usually'. I was going on my first date for peace's sake.

"Fine! What about my hair and makeup." I ruffled my hair making weird faces along the way. Grandma chuckled and dropped the heels.

"Your look beautiful as it is." She finger combed it and did a very complicated fish style, letting few hair fan my face. She then applied a sparkling, water colored lipstick on my lips and nodded to herself.