3

The next time it was three days.

Sana was just walking back into the library after her lunch break when she spotted Tzuyu standing between the rows of books, reading the back of the book clutched in her hand.

Sana let herself behind the counter, waving at her best friend Wonwoo, who was the library's I.T. guy, before sitting behind her desk. She took a sip from her coffee and peeked over the top of her computer screen to catch a glimpse of Tzuyu, who was pulling another book off the shelves.

A small crease formed between Sana's eyebrows as she watched Tzuyu. Surely it wasn't right to judge her because of her brother? She seemed so sweet, especially when she got flustered the other day. Even now, as Sana gazed at her, Tzuyu looked so normal, flipping through the pages of the book she held.

A few minutes later Tzuyu headed out of the stacks of books, carrying a small pile with her. Sana stared at her, hoping she'd look over, and when Tzuyu's attention slide to the front desk, Sana waved. A wide smile lit up Tzuyu's face as she strode towards Sana.

"I was wondering where you were!" Tzuyu said by way of greeting, as Sana reached for the nearest notepad.

'Lunch break! I had to make a coffee stop'

Sana held up the notepad, picking up the cup of coffee she'd forgotten about whilst she'd been gazing at Tzuyu. She took a sip, waiting for Tzuyu's reply.

"I'm just finishing up my own lunch break, I thought I'd swing by and pick up some new reading material," Tzuyu explained, "I'm glad I caught you before I left."

Sana smiled down at the notepad, biting her lip as she scrawled down a reply.

'I wasn't expecting you back so soon, you still have a four more days left on those books you borrowed'

Tzuyu let out a short laugh, quickly clapping her hand over her mouth as the sound disturbed the silence of the library. Tzuyu mouthed an apology at an irritated college student who was glaring at her over the top of his laptop. She leaned in closer to Sana, dropping her voice to a whisper.

"I thought I'd make an early return, there were some new topics that caught my attention last time I was here."

With a smile, Sana picked up the first book. Signing for Dummies. She quickly looked back up at Tzuyu, who was still leaning over the counter with a smirk on her face.

"Someone reminded me that sign language isn't just for deaf people," Tzuyu whispered, winking at Sana. Or at least she tried to wink. It came off as more of a blink, which Sana thought was even cuter. Feeling her face flush, Sana picked up the next book, getting flustered when she realised it was another book on American Sign Language.

Scanning the last book, Sana placed it on top of the rest of the pile. Six books. All on sign language. She couldn't stop smiling as she handed Tzuyu back her library card.

"Well, I better get to it," Tzuyu said, picking up the books and flashing Sana another smile, "I'll see you next time."

It wasn't a question.

Tzuyu knew she'd be back to see Sana, checking out more books as an excuse to keep coming back.

And Sana knew that she would be counting down the days until she saw Tzuyu again.

---

It was Friday night, which meant that Sana was at Chaeyoung's favourite dive bar, squished into a booth with Wonwoo, who she'd dragged along with her.

Mina and Chaeyoung carried over beers for everyone, before settling in opposite Sana and Wonwoo. They were already deep in conversation about one of  Chaeyoung's cases at the police department.

"So we managed to track one of the guys to an abandoned warehouse where they'd been setting up their underground fight club. We took him into the station, and within five minutes of interrogating him we had the name of the person behind it," Chaeyoung said, looking smug.

"Right, because you're soooo intimidating," Mina laughed, "what'd you do, flash your dimple at him? I bet he was terrified."

"I'll have you know I can be very threatening when I want to be" Chaeyoung pouted, pretending to scowl as Sana and Wonwoo joined in with Mina's laughter.

'Okay detective dimple'

Sana signed at Chaeyoung, triggering another round of laughter.

"Hey! I understood that," Chaeyoung huffed, crossing her arms, "learning sign language for you was a terrible idea, you're wounding my pride here Sana," she joked.

"We're just messing with you babe, I'm very proud of you," said Mina, kissing Chaeyoung on her cheek, "but you have to admit, your dimple is super cute."

Sana smiled, she felt all warm inside seeing Mina happy with the person she loves. Taking a sip of beer, her mind turned to someone else she knew with cute dimple.

"Sana?"

She brought herself back to the conversation, looking at Wonwoo who had just spoken. "Are you okay? You've been distracted all day," he continued.

She nodded, smiling as she held up her empty bottle of beer. She gestured towards the bar as she got up. Taking the empty bottle with her, she pointed at it and held four fingers up at the bartender.

As she waited she thought about what Wonwoo had said. It was true, she'd been distracted all day thinking about Tzuyu, and had come to the conclusion that she would make up her own mind about her. She understood why Mina had told her to be careful, she had always been too trusting, but she knew her trust wasn't misplaced in Tzuyu.

As she carried the bottles back to their booth, she smiled to herself.

She couldn't wait to see Tzuyu again.