22

The first week home was tiring for both of them.

Tzuyu tried her hardest to make sure that Sana was comfortable at all times, and she was too stubborn to accept help off anyone except Mina. She insisted that she could do everything alone. And she did. Mina came over on her lunch breaks, bringing them coffee and donuts.

By the end of the week they'd settled into a routine, finally finding their rhythm. They never fought, but over that week, tempers flared up on both sides. Not out of anger at the other, but at themselves for not being able to do things properly.

Sana would get angry that she couldn't walk, couldn't go to the bathroom alone, couldn't dress herself. All the small things she'd taken for granted.

Tzuyu would get frustrated that she wasn't strong enough to get Sana into the bath properly; worried that she was hurting her as she half pulled her in. She would get angry when Sana was in pain, blaming herself for it.

Whilst the pins had been removed, and her bones healed, there was still a lot of pain. It would take a while for that to go away. She tried her hardest to not show it, she knew how much it upset Tzuyu, but sometimes her whole body would ache. Except for her legs, it was like they weren't even there. At night, she would lay awake, watching Tzuyu sleep until the pain medication kicked in and she could drift off to sleep.

---

The first Friday home, Chaeyoung insisted on a games night. It had been too long since everyone had been together and argued over who was winning at monopoly. Especially since Tzuyu had been gone for a while, and she was the prime target for everyone to gang up on.

Mina and Wonwoo showed up first, carrying half a dozen board games each as they walked in. The only game Tzuyu had in her apartment was chess, because at least you could play that by yourself.

"Hey you two," Mina smiled as she walked over to the sofas. Her and Wonwoo set the games down on the coffee table and gave Sana a hug. They smiled at Tzuyu, knowing how she felt about hugs.

"Chaeyoung's picking pizza up on her way home from work," Mina said, making herself comfortable.

"Do you want a drink?" Tzuyu asked, getting up and walking to the kitchen. "I have wine, and I got some of that beer you like, Wonwoo," Tzuyu called over her shoulder as she pulled out a bottle of wine.

"Have I mentioned how much I love your apartment?" Wonwoo asked, walking to the kitchen to get a beer off Tzuyu.

"Like a thousand times," Sana croaked, she let out a choked laugh as she tried clearing her throat.

Mina smiled at her sister, her face filled with wonder. They were sisters in every sense of the word, they had been family for thirteen years, but she had never heard a single word or laugh out of Sana in that time. Over the past two months as Sana had slowly started pronouncing full syllables, Mina had been filled with amazement. She could talk!

Her voice was still scratchy, and Tzuyu was still helping her with her vocal exercises every night, but Sana's voice suited her. It was bubbly and excited, and suited her optimistic personality perfectly. Every time she spoke, everyone stopped to listen, cherishing the sound of every word.

"Mina?" Tzuyu called, holding up the bottle of wine.

"Ugh yes! Thank you," Mina groaned, "it's been a rough week."

Tzuyu pulled the cork out and poured two big glasses of wine; she knew all about rough week's. She got a can of soda for Sana too, seeing as she couldn't mix alcohol with her pain medication. Bringing the drink over, she sat next to Mina and sipped her glass of wine.