16

The next morning, Sana woke up early.

The events of last night came crashing down on her, hurting just as much as it had last night. She lay curled up in bed for hours, sobbing into her pillow. She didn't move all morning, ignoring her phone as it buzzed on the nightstand.

It wasn't until there was a knock on her door that Sana stirred. She had considered ignoring it, but the only person it would be was Mina. Before, she knew it would've been Tzuyu showing up at her door, but now she knew that was hopeless. Tzuyu would be the last person to show up, no matter how much Sana wished she would.

Wiping uselessly at her face, Sana padded barefoot over to the door. She was still in yesterday's clothes, her face was blotchy from crying so much, and her eyes were bloodshot behind her glasses. Mina was in for a shock.

Pulling the door open, Sana turned around, trying to hide her face as she walked over to the kitchen and put on a pot of coffee.

"Good morning to you too," Mina said, shutting the door behind her and sitting down at the table.

"You've been ignoring my calls all morning so I'd thought I'd come over on my break," Mina said, getting a shrug off Sana who still wouldn't turn around.

"I've been with Tzuyu all morning, she looks awful," Mina continued, staring at Sana's back, waiting for her to say something. Sana knocked over one of the mugs, her hands fumbling to upright it as her eyes stung with tears.

Mina frowned, "okay, what's wrong? If the fact that your girlfriend's face is black and blue, and she looks like she hasn't slept in a week, isn't enough to get a reaction out of you, it must be bad."

Sana's hand tightened on the handle of the coffeepot as she filled up their cups, gritting her teeth as she willed herself not to cry in front of Mina. Steeling herself, she turned around to face Mina.

Her face went slack as she took in Sana's appearance. She half rose out of her seat as she took in Sana's puffy, tearful eyes.

"What's wrong?" Mina panicked, her hands fluttering in front of her as she debated whether or not she should reach out for Sana. Walking over to the sofa, Sana set their mugs down on the coffee table, curling up with a pillow as she sniffed, trying to hide her tears.

Mina walked over, laying a hand on Sana's shoulder. That made things worse, causing Sana to burst into tears again. Mina put her arms around her sister, holding her together as Sana sobbed into the pillow.

"Hey, it's okay, I've got you," Mina murmured, kissing Sana's hair, "shh, it's alright." Mina pulled her into her chest, cradling her sister as she cried.

It wasn't until Sana's sobs has subsided that she told Mina what had happened. Her head resting in Mina's lap, she signed the events of last night as Mina stroked her hair.

'She's just gone' Sana signed, her hands falling uselessly to her sides as she finished explaining.

"Chou," Mina cursed, balling up her fists, "I hope she likes pandas because I'm going to give her another black eye when I see her again." Mina closed her eyes, letting out a small sigh as Mina ranted. Then Mina cut off, remembering what Tzuyu had looked like this morning.

"Oh no, this is bad," Mina muttered to herself, "oh God, I can't even be mad at her, she actually looked awful, she's clearly heartbroken." That didn't exactly make Sana feel better, all she could picture was Tzuyu, alone, with no one to comfort her. Sana had been her comfort. Another tear slid out of the corner of Sana's eyes, dripping down onto the pillow.

"Christ, never mind me, just ignore what I'm saying," Mina rambled, noticing the hurt look on Sana's face. She hated to see her sister like this, she had actually been ecstatic that Sana had Tzuyu. Of course, Mina had had her reservations at first, but as she'd gotten to know Tzuyu she knew she had been wrong. They were a perfect match, and it hurt her to see them both in so much pain when they loved each other.