Part 8

We all looked around, they never paired a girl and boy together. "Sorry guys, we have to do girls and boys together but there will be a chaperone on each cabin floor" I tuned him out while he continued to call different names. I didn't mind who I got paired up with, along with as it wasn't- "Matthew and Alix," Mr. Hugh shouted. I felt my heart sink, why couldn't I get Rey? Why did it have to be Alix? I am not sharing a bed with her, no way. I thought of asking for another partner but I knew Mr. Hugh wouldn't let it. I groaned as I walked to stand next to Alix, who was laughing her ass off.

"What are you laughing at?" I barked. Alix looked up at me, her face was red and she almost had tears coming from her eyes.

"You have to spend 3 nights with me, and you were expecting to get with Rey!" She continued laughing.

"You know about me and Rey?" I hushed her.

"Yeah, you're not very good at hiding it, whenever you talk to her, you stutter and turn red," Alix calmed herself and put her hands on her hips. I blushed and looked away. Our class finished getting paired up and we walked to the bus in the parking lot. I had to sit next to Alix and her dirty jokes the whole way there. She talked to other people on the bus, whether they were in front of us, behind us or anywhere else on the bus. She yelled loudly and laughed annoyingly. I tried to ignore her and look out the window until we were at the campsite.

We shortly arrived at the campsite and we all started to unpack in the cabins. Alix and I went to the room where us and some of our classmates would be sleeping. Alix quickly ran to one of the beds and threw her duffle bag next to it. "This one! I don't want any other one," she pointed to the bed. She was like a child who demanded whatever bed they wanted in a hotel room like there would be a difference between that bed and the others. I shrugged and put my bag on the bed. She quickly took my bag off and jumped on the bed.

"Get down! I need to unpack!" I scolded her.

"Come on, join me!" She laid down on the bed and cocked her eyebrows at me. I felt my face get warm then I bent down to get my bag.

"Whatever, I'm going to try to unpack while you do your thing," I rolled my eyes. Alix shrugged and she left the cabin, probably going to look for her friends. Luckily, she picked a bed against the back wall so I didn't have to worry about any feet kicking me in the head during the night. I continued packing and once I finished I met the rest of my class outside. Mr. Hugh told us about dinner and breakfast the next morning and where the bathrooms were. Thankfully, I wouldn't have to use an outhouse but they did have indoor bathrooms at the lobby.