Part 9

Later, our class was forced to sit around a campfire, by Mr. Hugh. He handed out sticks to everyone, metal ones that he had brought along, of course, and we toasted marshmallows as Alix and some of her friends tried to scare others with ghost stories. Even if I knew they were fake, the ones they came up with were pretty interesting, and whenever someone would accidentally show their fear, Alix would laugh. Not at the person, but everyone would just laugh off the fear and move on. I wouldn't admit it but Alix did have a cute laugh, it was a sweet laugh that didn't match her personality at all.

"Are you thinking of something Matthew?" Rey asked as she held her stick over the coals in the fire pit.

"Oh...y-yeah, I was just zoned out," I answered,

"Oh okay!" Rey said with a small smile. "Do you mind passing me the marshmallows?" She pointed to the plastic bag beside me that was torn open.

"Oh! Uh yeah, here," I said, passing her the bag. As Rey took the last marshmallows out of the bag, she got up and went into the cabin. As she left, I heard a small snicker from beside me. I looked over to see Alix, sitting there, trying to contain her laughter. "Shut up," I rolled my eyes and went back to roasting my marshmallow. As I kept the marshmallow over the flame, I noticed it started to smoke a small bit. I quickly pulled the stick from the flame and saw my marshmallow was on fire. Ugh, Now I can't even enjoy this. I quickly blew out the marshmallow and before I could take it off the stick, a hand reached over and grabbed it from my stick.

"Y'know, if you hold it by the coals more, it won't catch on fire," Alix said, stuffing the black marshmallow in her mouth and licking her fingers. I was thankfully saved before Alix could tease me on whatever she found funny at the time. Rey plopped the full bag of marshmallows in my lap and smiled.

"I saw that you burnt your marshmallow from the cabin," Rey handed me a marshmallow.

"T-thanks," I felt my face heat up again, only to get a held back laugh from Alix.

After the fire was put out by another teacher, we were sent to our cabins and told to go to sleep. Of course, none of us listened and stayed up until the chaperon that Mr.Hugh had mentioned prior to our bus ride here, showed up. Even after the chaperon had left to sleep in a separate cabin, we stayed awake, talking to one another. "Does anyone know where the teacher's cabin is?" A girl asked. No one could see each other's faces in the dark but I knew someone was up to something.

"It's on the other end of the campground," Someone responded. Someone quickly ran over to the light switch and turned it on, looking at everyone in excitement.

"Since the teachers aren't here, let's do whatever we want," He suggested.

"Let's play spin the bottle!" Alix suggested, quickly getting up from under the covers. The flannel shorts she wore were tight, to say the least. They looked to have some extra room near the edges but they really did her ass justice, not that I was intentionally looking at her ass. Everyone excitedly got up and formed a circle as someone pulled out an empty beer bottle from their bag.