Chapter eight

When Archie wakes up he rolls onto his side to pull Veronica into his chest. He groans when he notices she's not there anymore. He opens his eyes slowly and stares at the space next to him for a few seconds before he gets up and puts on some sweatpants.
As he walks out he can already hear the giggling from the twins. He rubs his eyes and follows the smell of bacon and pancakes into the kitchen. Veronica wears his shirt and her hair is in a ponytail. She's so focused on cooking that she didn't even realize Archie walked in.
He walks closer to her slowly and then wraps his arms around her waist from behind. She flinches but relaxes quickly when she notices her husband's head on her shoulder.

"I'm cooking Archiekins, don't scare me"

"Sorry baby" he mumbles before he kisses her cheek.
"Just don't get up without me. Cuddle me, kiss me and then we can get up together"

"That's cute" she giggles "but we have three hungry kids. We're not 17 anymore. We can't stay in bed all day long"

"I know, I love our little mini squad and I love you"

"I love you too" she turns her head a little so Archie can place his lips on hers. Their little moment is quickly interrupted though.

"Why are there six plates?" Aurelia asks as she walks towards her parents. Archie's arms are still around Veronica's waist. His head is on her shoulder again and every now and then he places a little kiss to her neck.

"Uncle Reggie is coming over" Veronica says while she does some scrambled eggs.

"Really?" she grins. "I haven't seen him in weeks"

"That's why his coming over plus, your dad hasn't seen him since he got back"

When Archie left for the first time, he told Reggie to take care of his family and ever since he comes over to check on Veronica and the kids once a week when Archie isn't home. He helps Aurelia with her homework, takes Ben out for 'men day' and orders food so Veronica doesn't have to cook. He's a big help and one of reasons why Veronica was able to handle all of it. He and Archie are like brothers. He's a big part of the kids lives and loves them as if they were his own.

As Veronica puts the scrambled eggs from the pan into a bowl there's a knock on the door. Archie kisses Veronica's cheek before he lets go of her and walks to the front to open the door.

"Archie, man you look good" Reggie chuckles and pats his friend's back.

"You too bro" he smiles widely "thanks for taking care of my family"

"Always bro"

They hear a squeal and then feet running over the floor. Before Reggie can do anything, Aurelia wraps her arms around him. "Uncle Reg"
He chuckles and kisses her head while rubbing her back.

"Hey girly. You good?"

"Mhm, perfect"

"Great. Where are the other two?"

Just in that second Emilia and Ben run towards him with their arms in the air. Aurelia decide to step back before her siblings run her over. She walks back to Veronica and finishes setting the table.

"Uncle Reggie!" the twins giggle in unison as he lifts them into his arms

"Hey mini Varchies"

"Stop calling them that" Veronica giggles as she walks towards the front door as well.