Chapter 5

"Where are you taking us?" I yell, people pulling us towards a huge door on the other side of the hallway. Two guards open the doors and light floods into the dim hallway.
The doors lead to the arena, where the ground is stained with people's blood. Many people stand inside, waiting for us to arrive. The person behind me shoves dirt into my back, shoving me into the arena.
The others stumble in beside me as I look around the arena. I look into he stands and see my aunt sitting in a booth, overlooking the arena. She brings the megaphone towards her mouth.
"Let the fight begin!" She yells. The doors behind us slam shut and people run towards us, using their earth powers to try and hurt us. I stay rooted in my spot, staring at the booth where my aunt is. She didn't want me to know about this place because she's a killer.
Waves grabs my arm and pulls me into the battle, using her water powers to set the ground, making it harder for the people to use. My aunt frowns down at us as we fight.
Kindle makes a circle of fire around the people, trapping them inside, but giving them enough room so that they don't get hurt. They didn't want to be here in the first place and they don't deserve to die for being captured by my aunt and put here.
"Someone put out the fire!" My aunt screeches through the megaphone. Sand flies up over the flames and drops, making the fire go out. The people start running at us again and I throw my hands up, creating a stone wall between us. I turn to the others.
"Fight and try to find a way out of here," I whisper softly. They nod and we wait a while until my wall is torn down by the people. They charge through and we fight them, many people having to be killed.
I push dirt into somebody's chest and they fly back into the stands, their head cracking against the stone chairs before they crumple to the ground. I wince and keep fighting, being more careful to not kill anybody.
Acid walks over to me and nods their head towards a part of the dome. There's a hole in the wall that we could get through that the enchantments have fallen off of.
"I'll send poison into the stands twice when it's time," they say. I nod and they run over to the others, telling them the same thing. I keep fighting, Tornado standing alongside me.
I see my aunt looking straight at me and the realization hit her face. She then smirks and holds her hand out to a man, waiting for him to hand her her megaphone.
"Hello my dearest nephew. Are you enjoying running away and going places where I told you not to?" She asks, stopping me in my tracks. I can hear screaming from the stands but I keep staring at my aunt.
"Your mother misses you Carbon. Why did you leave her?" She asks me. I stare at her with tears in my as when Tornado grabs my arm. I look at him and then into the stands, which are melting from poison.
We run towards the hole in the wall, hearing people shouting behind us. Me and Tornado make it out, quickly catching up to the others. I hear the guards run behind us and I throw up spikes in the ground to make their way harder.
Acid laces the spikes with poison and Waves puts water in the holes around the spikes. We finally make it to our horses and I jump on mine, who looks rejuvenated after getting a day to rest.
We ride off just as the guards make it out of the spikes. They try to stop us but I quickly make sure that none of the Earth comes up to hurt us. By the time that we're far enough away from the guards not to be worried, I'm magically exhausted.
I lean against my horse's neck as he follows the others. We decide to go to the Fire Kingdom next, as it's the closest to the Earth Kingdom. We ride across the desert for a long time, even after it gets dark.
"We should really stop for the night," Waves speaks up from beside me. I yawn and nod while we look around for a place to stay. We find a small abandoned house and put our horses in the stables that they have, the ones that don't fit in the stables being tied up to a post.
We walk in the front door and are met by a decent looking living room. The furniture is big eaten and everything is dusty, but it's better than sleeping outside with the bugs again.
I walk into the kitchen and check the fridge, seeing that there's no a scrap in it. Ebony takes some stuff out of the cupboard and sets it on the counter. He's barely visible in the night, it being easier to see him when we're in the moonlight.
"Found some food," he says. I look it over and see that there's crackers and some canned meat. I grab some plates from the cupboard and set them on the counter.
I evenly distribute the food onto the plates for each person and set their plate in front of them. I take my plate and sit on the counter, putting some canned meat onto one of my crackers.
I take a bite and quickly finish my food, not caring much for the taste. I get up and throw my plate in the sink. Waves washed the dishes without touching them and then we split off to find rooms.
Me, Ebony, Acid, and Tornado share a room while Waves and Kindle share the other. I climb into the top bunk and Ebony coins up and lays beside me. I quickly fall asleep, tired from using so much of my magic.