Epilogue

"The court has decided to remove you as queen and sentence you to life in prison! " the judge declares from where he's sitting. My aunt glares at me and the others as she's taken away in handcuffs to the prison. My mom sits in the throne by the jury, watching as her sister is taken away.
For the first time in a month, all of us are together again, mostly because the court demanded that all witnesses attend the trial. I look over at my friends and see that Acid and Ebony are talking about their kingdoms while Waves, Kindle, and Tornado are talking about a new park in the wind kingdom.
My mom walks over to me and rests a hand on my shoulder. I look over at her and see that she had tears in her eyes. She hugs me, resting her head against my chest as she tells me that she's sorry that she never believed me when I told her thing about my aunt.
"Mom, it's okay. I sorted it out," I tell her. She pulls back and nods, sniffling as she walks up to the judge. The judge hands her a tissue and I walk over to my friends, leaving the judge and my mom to talk. Acid grabs my hand and pulls me over, telling me that they overheard that I'm going to become the ruler here.
I look at them in shock and the others nod, confirming that they too heard people talking about this. I look up at my mom and the judge, seeing them look over some important documents. My mom points at me at one point and I turn back to the others, knowing that they are most likely right.
"We'll help you. And I'm sure your mother will too," Ebony reassures me, setting a hand on my shoulder. Acid walks over and hugs me, quickly pulling back and telling me how much fun it is and all the different things that you get to do and see.
"Our kingdoms should make an alliance. All of them should," I say once Acid takes a breath. They look up at me, grinning widely. Ebony smiles and nods, and the others tell me that they'll talk to their rulers about making an alliance.
"That's a great idea!" Acid exclaims after they catch their breath, skipping around our group happily. Their white hair sways all over the place as they run around us. Waves grabs their arm and stops them, quickly pulling a comb out of her pocket and brushing out their hair.
I smile and shake my head as Waves let's go of Acid, letting them run around and mess up their hair once again. She shakes her head and goes back to talking to Tornado about the park. The guards who took my aunt away walk back into the room and stand by the door, glaring at Acid but not telling them to stop.
"Hey Carbon, can you come over here?" The judge asks me, taking my attention away from Acid. I nod and walk up to their chair, where them and my mother are standing there waiting for me. A guard moves closer and hands the judge a stack of papers.
"I need you to sign all of these, " they tell me, pushing the stack of papers my way. I look at the sheer thickness of the stack of papers and gape at the judge. They set a pen down on top of the papers and smile at me, shrugging.
"What are these for?" I ask, grabbing the pen off of the papers in front of me. I go to read through the papers but am stopped before I even start because the print is so tiny that I couldn't possibly read it. I twirl the pen around my fingers and look up at my mom.
"Official paperwork that shows that you now rule the kingdom," my mom says. I turn to her in shock, look back down at the papers, and then back up at my mom. I drop the pen onto the papers and it rolls to the bottom of the desk before falling off.
"You already knew, why are you so shocked?" Tornado shouts across the room. I bend down and grab the pen off the floor, wiping it off on my shirt and looking over at Tornado, who's grinning along with the others.
" I didn't know it would happen today! " I yell back exasperated. I hear him chuckle and send a glare his way as I start signing the papers. The judge tells me what I need and don't need to sign, moving the papers out of my way as I sign them.
I finish signing the huge stack of papers, rubbing my aching wrist with my right hand. The judge tells me I can go and I walk back over to the others who start clapping and yelling loudly. I shake my head and smile, stopping in front of Waves who walks forward and hugs me.
Soon all of us are in the hug, reminding me of when we first hugged in my aunt's dungeons a couple of months ago. I smile and snuggle further into the hug, feeling safe and happy. We pull back after a few minutes, despite none of us really wanting to.
"There's going to be a feast in an hour! Go get ready!" My mother calls. I nod and we walk out of the courtroom and the short distance to the castle. We walk upstairs and down the hallway to my room, walking in. The others grab clothes out of their bags as I try to find something in my closet that I can wear.
Acid walks over and closes their eyes, picking out a black suit with a green tie. I thank them and walk to my bathroom, quickly throwing my clothes on and walking back out. I check my watch and see that it's almost time for the feast to start so we race downstairs, Kindle making it there first.
"No fair!" Waves says to her. Kindle simply smiles at her and walks into the room, not even out of breath. Waves shakes her head and we follow her in, sitting down at the table.
"Before this feast starts, I would like to make a toast to these six for saving the elementals," my mother says from the head of the table. We all lift our glasses and clink them to someone else's before taking a sip. My mother looks over at me and nods.
"Let the feast begin!" I declare.