'Gary'

We are the Pogues and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

-

"That's a three-story fall to the deck. I give you a one in three chance of survival" Pope spoke staring up at John B who was balancing on top of the roof, beer in his hand and wobbling around.

"Should I do it" John B replied lifting a leg up and leaning towards the edge.

"Yeah, jump I'll shoot you on the way down" Pope laughed holding the drill up at him pretending to shoot.

"God don't be so stupid Booker. Get down or you will fall" Blakely spoke squinting her eyes to look up at John B due to the sun shining.

"Don't worry Blake if anything ill break a few bones." John B looked down smirking at the girl below him.

Blanking out the rest of what Pope and John b were saying Blakely headed towards JJ who was sitting against a railing.

"Baby, can you sort your friend out please." She said whilst wrapping her arms around his neck causing him to look up. He smiled at her and was about to speak when Kie jumped in saying "They're going to have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." "Of course. Why wouldn't they" JJ said. "Got to keep those fresh towels warm" Blakley spoke smugly.

"This used to be a turtle habitat but who cares about the turtles I guess?" Kie said looking around disappointed. "There rich Kie of course they don't care about turtles as turtles don't bring them money," Blakely spoke. "Can you not kill yourself" Kie dissed her comment and spoke looking up smiling at John B who was still on the roof.

"I tell you by the end of the summer they will be macking" Blakely whispers to JJ, he laughs and whispers back "No Pogue on Pogue macking remember princess." Then looks up at John B and adds "Don't spill that beer, I'm not giving you another one." Just as JJ finishes his sentence John B drops his beer. "Well done dipshit" Blakley spoke. "of course you did" JJ laughed.

A car door slams shut, and Pope looks over the railing "Hey guys, uh, security here. Let's wrap it up"

"Boys early today." JJ spoke. "let's roll princess," JJ says jumping up and kissing Blakely's forehead then grabs her hand. "Humpty dumpty move," Blakley said looking up at John B who was still on the roof.

"Let's go boys." Kie spoke. "and girl" she added winking at Blakely. Blakely laughed then started to move hand in hand with JJ.

All five friends started running through the massive half-built house. JJ's hand in Blakely's as they run. Blakely and JJ turn a corner different from the other three and spot Gary their favourite security guard.

JJ drops Blakely's hand as they both go in different directions around the guard. JJ must have nearly got caught as Blakely heard him shout "Not much of a hugger man" the girl laughs and then keeps running.

As the friends all got out front, Kie and John B already in the van, JJ chants "Go, Pope, go! Go, go, go, go!" after seeing only Pope out front. Pope is first to jump over the fence and lands face first causing Blakely and JJ to laugh at him. "Lady's first." JJ says winking once he sees Blakley behind him then proceeds to push her over the fence by her waist. He then jumps over after and helps Pope up as they run towards the beat down van. Jumping In the van they hear the security guard shout "Come here you pricks" they all laugh as John B starts to drive.

"Check out Gary, gunnin for a raise" Pope says looking out the back window seeing Gary the guard running after the van. "Come on Gary" JJ shouts hanging his head out the van waving at the guard. Blakely holds onto his shirt just in case he falls. Holing out a beer JJ says "Come on Gary. You're so close. You can do it. There you go." JJ throws the beer at him.

After the beer drops and Blakely pulls JJ in, she jumps out the van and begins to move towards the guard. "Hey Gary, babe, how you doing?" she says laughing at the man. Once she is in his face Gary tries to grab the girl, but she dips down pulling his trousers down to the floor at the same time. The girl proceeds to jump up and run back to the van after seeing the guard try and pull his trousers back up. Hearing all her friends laugh at what she had done she jumped into the van, JJ helping her, whilst John B starts to speed up the van again. Blakely now sat in between JJ's legs as the group head home.

-

The outer banks paradise on earth. It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs or two houses. Two tribes, one island. Alright, we have figure eight, the rich side of the island. Home of the kooks. So, guess where the group don't live. And then there is the south side or the cut. Home of the working class who make a living busing table, washing yachts, running charters. Natural habitat of drumroll please...

The Pogues. That's them.

Pogues, Pogies, the throwaway fish, lowest member of the food chain. Okay so the downside of being a Pogue is they are ignored and neglected but the upside? they are ignored and neglected. Which means they do whatever they want whenever they want.

So to begin we have Blakely Reign Grea. Also known as the Pogue princess to the kooks and Blake to the Pogue's anyway. It's just her, her little brother, and her Grandma around Outer Banks. Mum died a year ago from suicide and her father, her father left right after leaving Blakely to fend for her and her brother on her own, with a little help from her Nana. She's more of the adventurous one in the group and the "bait" as Pope calls her. Always the one to get them out of a difficult situation. She's also a hopeless romantic always rooting for her friends to fall in love. Never been in love herself however more of a one-night kinda gal.

Then we have Kiara or Kie as they call her. So, when she's not saving turtles or listening to Marley or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs with them. The boys aren't really sure why however she is Blakely's best girl friend, only actually, so Blakely is not complaining. Kie's a rich kid. she has a foot in both worlds. Her family own the wreck which is Outer Banks institution a total cash cow with the tourists. Blakely also works there. Her parents didn't like her hanging around with the Pogues however Blakely changed their mind a bit when they saw the real her.

Then there's Pope. He is the brains of the operation. Finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst merit scholarship and is the smartest person they know. He can be strange at times, but they love him anyhow. His father is this legendary character, Heyward. Anything you wanted on the island Heyward could get for you. Not sure Heyward know what to make of his son, but It didn't matter he was a Pogue just like the rest of them.

John B. He's like another brother to Blakely. Older by 4 days. He lives in this old fish shack where they all like to crash. The chateau is what they call it. He is the dumbest guy Blakely knows. He's also cute gets all the girls he wants with his nice wavy hair. His dad disappeared at sea around nine months ago though. He's still hungover that his dad is alive, but Blakely doesn't think so. His dad was friends with Blakely's dad they use to fish together and talk about this boat they wanted to find.

Last JJ. Been Blakely's best friend since she can remember. Their dads were friends well more like drinking buddies. He is as local as they come. Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta holding salt lifers who made their living off the water. Best surfer Blakely knows, and he knows. Taught her how to surf. He is also really hot however Blakely will never say that to his face. He's reckless also. Will do anything to one-up someone. However, he is also like a teddy bear at times. Only to Blakely and Kie though. Around a year ago he started with the pet names for Blakely she's not sure why.

And that's them. The mix-matched maniac group of friends.