'It was a mistake'

Waking up in a bed that's not yours is scary. Waking up in a bed that's not yours after having sex is scarier.

Rolling over Blakely bumps into a body. Opening her eyes, she sees JJ. She smiled until she remembered what happened last night.

"Shit" she whispers shouts, pulling the blanket and JJ's arm off her, running around the room quietly putting her clothes back on and leaves. Not waking JJ up, she slightly kisses his forehead and runs out the house. She doesn't stop running until she makes it to the only house she knows she is safe and can talk to someone. The Chateau.

Slamming the door open she suddenly stops seeing Sheriff Perkins standing there. Both the sheriff and John B look over at the now sweaty girl.

"Uh, hi" Blakely spoke awkwardly. "Um, what's going on?" Blakely asks wondering why the Sheriff was here.

"Well, I'm here checking on John B like the DCS asked, now why are you here Miss Grea?" Sheriff spoke. "Umm, I needed to umm, talk to my best friend" she awkwardly spoke again.

"Well, I'll be on my way, but you two, stay out the marsh you hear me," Sheriff Perkins says walking out the house "Oh and you may wanna clean up a bit, I have dogs living better than this" she adds closing the door after.

Forgetting about talking to John B about her and JJ, Blakely asks "What the hell was that?" walking over to the fridge to grab a beer as she needed one.

"She knows we found the boat, and she wants me to stay out the marsh and she will help me stay out of foster care" John B states looking over at the girl drinking. "Then we stay out the marsh for a few days" Blakely stated sitting next to John B and passes him her drink.

-

"Look I'm callin' it off. All right?" John B was the first to speak up once the other three friends showed up. Blakely already knowing why.

"Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS." John B added explaining why he needed to stay out.

"And you believed her" JJ spoke up with irritation in his voice it wasn't aimed at John B but Blakley. She ran after last night and can't even look at him. "Yes, I believe her JJ," John B said, convinced the cop could help. "A actual cop, John B. you believed a cop" JJ spoke throwing a stone in slight anger.

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out." John B jumped in getting angry. "It doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun." John B added. "John" Blakely spoke harshly in a warning tone.

"You know what I should have done? Just let Topper drown your ass" JJ said. "Yeah, Topper was gonna drown me?" John B questioned thinking that Topper wouldn't have killed him. "Sure looked like it," JJ said now standing up.

"Funny" John B spoke irritated. "Have you looked in a mirror?" JJ spoke looking at John B's black eye.

"Tell me some more. Come on" John B spoke trying to anger the other boy.

"They always win, don't they, man?" JJ spoke in a calm voice now walking over to the hut, standing next to an awkward Blakely. "Kooks verses pogues. They always, always win!" JJ said his words getting angrier causing him to punch the lantern causing Blakely to flinch next to him. "Goddamn!" he shouted beginning to walk away.

"Look, it's okay" Kie jumped in saying, seeing her best friend once again sacred shitless. "No, it's not okay!" JJ shouted turning around. He looked at the girl he loved and saw her shaking with fear. "It is not!" he spoke calmer now. "They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it" JJ said walking back over. "I know you do," he said pointing at John B.

"I understand why you don't wanna go" he began pointing at Pope. "You're the golden boy. You got way too much to risk. And you-" he spoke turning to point at Kie. "I mean, you're already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you bother?" he spoke causing Kie to shake her head. "Blake, you, fuck you have your brother, yeah, but you always stick with me and John no matter how much you may lose," he said looking over at the girl making a tear fall down her face knowing he was right. She would do anything she could for those guys. "But you and me, man, we got nothin' to lose!" Now focused on John B, JJ words hurt. "We really don't all right?" He added now sounding slightly sad. Blakely saw this and walked over to JJ "Baby" she began. "And I know it didn't use to be that way for you" JJ added not looking at the girl speaking to him. "I don't want to talk about this. I don't want to talk about it." John B said walking away from JJ. "So that's it?" JJ said causing John B to push him and say "Just get out of my way, bro" "John B-" Blakely started to speak when JJ cut her off "John B listen to me. I have a plan" this caused the other three friends to give each other an odd look. JJ's plans never turn out good. "You got the key to Cameron's boat, right?" JJ questioned John B walking over to him. "No" John B lied. "There's scuba gear inside. We just borrow that, and then we go down to the wreck this afternoon, and that is what's gonna save you, man. You don't see rich kids going to foster care, do you?" JJ questioned catching John B's thought.

-

"JJ can we talk" Blakely started walking over to where the boy was sat. John B had left to go to Cameron's boat and the other two were away to gather some food and drinks inside. "What's there to talk about?" He questioned sipping away at a beer. "Last night" she spoke getting straight to the point. "JJ i-" Blakely started to explain why she ran this morning and how she didn't mean to but she was interrupted by JJ "It was a mistake yeah," He said not once looking over at Blakely. "What?" She questioned shocked at what he just said. "I was drunk and wanted a girl and you were just there. There is nothing to talk about" he said. "So I was just your god damn toy for the night" Blakely spoke in anger tears now running down her face, she felt worthless again. "Something like that" he added. "Wow JJ, and to think you weren't like him!" she shouted causing him to turn around and look at her face. "like who Blake?" He questioned, guilt now seeping into his body due to looking at the heartbroken girl. "Rafe" was her last word as she walked away from the boy leaving him feeling more guilty than their last fight. Every word he just said was a lie.