'Freddy'

JJ ran over to Blakely as the rest followed him after hearing about the random car outside.

"Guys, guys, is that them?" Kie asks referring to the men who shot at them at the marsh yesterday. "No" JJ spoke pulling his girl back as she shook her head. "Is that them?" Kie questioned again beginning to grow panic.

"John B I told you, man," JJ said letting go of the girl and pacing around. In shock, John B ran over and pushed JJ against the wall in the office and said "JJ! Hey, look at me. Where's the gun?" John B questioned. "John stop," Blakely said walking towards the boys, but pope pulled her back. "Gun?" uh, I can't-" JJ started speaking totally forgetting where his gun actually was. "Now you don't have the gun, the one time we need the gun?" Kie said and began to cry. Blakely was mad, mad at John B for pushing JJ and mad at herself for not helping him.

"It was in my backpack, and then i-" JJ began listing off where he last seen it. "Backpack" John B spoke. "Then i-" JJ mumbled still trying to think. "On the porch," John B said pointing at the door. Looking right at him JJ rushed to leave the room. "JJ" Blakely cried out causing Pope to pull her closer. Rubbing her back as the girl sobs into his chest Pope gives Kie a look, the look asking what is happening to her. Ever since the group became friends Blakely would never show emotion in front of them until today.

"John Routledge!" a loud voice screamed followed by a bang on the door.

"Guy!" Kie said continuing to cry causing Blakely to break free from Popes hold and run and hug her best friend.

"Come on out now!" the loud man's voice screamed. The rest of the words were muffled once JJ ran back into the room and closes the door. "Where's the gun?" John B questioned JJ. "They're on the front porch guys," JJ said looking around to find his girl. He sees her and begins to grow angry. She's scared, he hated seeing her scared.

"Routledge!" the voice screamed louder than before due to the men now entering the house.

"We-we gotta leave!" Kie spoke now calmed down a bit. "Guy, window. Window" she added as she thought of an escape plan.

Pope and JJ ran over to the window trying to pry it open however, the window had other plans. "What- what's happening? Why is it taking so long?" Kie questioned as the boys could not open the window. "It's painted shut, okay?" JJ harshly spoke.

John B was leaning against the door to try and hold it shut whilst the other boys try to open the window. Kie was running around looking for something to break the paint and set them free. Blakley, she was standing in shock. The scene happening before seemed like Déjà vu.

FLASH BACK

Blakely was hiding in her bathroom, thank God Sterling was at a friend's house for the night. Her father and his many drunk friends were downstairs, JJ's dad included, they were trashing the place looking for their punching bag, Blakely. Loud crashes, shattering glass, and a bat hitting the banister on the way up the stairs. she thought she was gonna die, either by the hands of her father and friends or by her own hands.

"Baby, we need to go" JJ's words bringing Blakely back into the present time. Grabbing the girl, he helped her out the window that was now opened, John B helping her to the ground as JJ followed pulling the window down after him. Grabbing her hand, JJ pulled the girl over to the chicken coup where the rest of the friends were now hiding.

The chickens continue to cluck as all five friends were all held up in their home. The rooster causing the most noise.

"Do something, Pope. Shut him up" JJ spoke from the corner of the coup, a crying Blakely on his lap as he tries to calm her down. "What do you want me to do?" Pope asks freaking out. "Pet it or talk to it. I don't know" Kie cried out.

The rooster grew louder as the girl's sobs grew quieter. This grabbed the attention of one of the men who were now stealing Big Johns Merchant research and putting it into there car.

The smaller man began to walk over to the coup, John B freaking out causing him to slide back and not look out any more.

"Do something" Pope called out after seeing the man walking over.

JJ knew he had to do something. Placing the girl who was on his lap down beside him he jumped up to grab the rooster. "Look away" JJ mouthed to Blakely causing her to cover her face. She may have covered her eyes but not here ears and could hear the snapping sound of the rooster's neck. This caused her to cry more. JJ moved back into his spot pulling the girl back to him. A tear slid down his face as he knew how much this rooster was liked by Blakely and he just killed her joy.

Kie sobbed after seeing the scene unfold in front of her however as the rooster was now quiet the man walking towards them stopped as the other man called out "Ratter! What the hell are you doin'? let's go" causing the two men to jump into the car and speed off.

The two girls continue to sob even after the five were out of the coup. JJ still had his girl wrapped in his arms as she mumbled "Freddy didn't deserve to die" this slightly made JJ smile at the name the girl had given the rooster however he was guilty he was the one to kill the innocent animal. "Baby, I'm sorry, I will get us a new Freddy okay?" JJ questioned the girl trying anything to make her laugh. "I shall call him Bartholomew" she mumbled slightly giggling at the name.

The group stood in silence for a little while as they were all in shock about the event that just unfolded in front of them when Blakely spoke up first "Shit my shift, imma be late" causing her to run from her hold in JJ's arms and run into the porch, grab her bag and jump into her jeep that was still parked there from this morning and speed off leaving confused friends behind.