survival show (episode 9)

A/N: This chapter was really fun to write for some reason, there's going to be one more chapter about the final episode of the survival show soon. Enjoy!

The seven boys are in the practice room going through some of their choreography, when the door opens and JYP enters. He announces the final mission, which will be a live broadcast. There will be a live audience who will vote and give their opinions, and based on this he will make a final decision about who will be able to debut.

After the announcement the boys reorganised the choreography and shifted some of the parts since you had been eliminated, so they needed to match the song to the remaining seven members. When they were reminded of the fact that you were gone, their moods had dropped completely. But they tried their best to not let it affect them and to make you proud.

In the training centre:
Chan was in the studio working on some new songs when he heard the door open, his good friend Bambam of GOT7 entering the room. Complaining about his lack of reaction, he laughs and enters the room to visit his friend. The two exchange greetings before deciding to head out for some food.

They chat casually while eating, talking about the team and about some of their favourite memories.
"What kind of team do you want to become?" BamBam asks him.
"We want to be a team that can do everything ourselves, and be a family that can get along well. But I'm worried that we might lose even more members."

Chan goes silent for a moment at the mention of eliminations.
"You miss her, don't you?" BamBam asks, understanding why he suddenly became quiet.
"I miss both of them. Since their eliminations the group honestly hasn't been the same. She used to keep us in check, and keep us happy. Now that she's gone, we can feel the stress of everything much worse than we did before."

BamBam really admired you for being able to keep the whole group happy with just your presence. He had been close friends with Chan for so long, so he met you a few times over the past few months and could tell Chan was planning to add you to the team eventually. You were so young but so talented, and he could see the effect you had on the team and how much they loved you.

Back at the training centre:
Some members had their vocal lessons: Seungmin performed Shawn Mendes' Stitches to his vocal teacher, and Jeongin practised his vocalisation and sang Impossible by James Arthur. Hyunjin performed MM for his rap trainer, before receiving help from Changbin who helped him improve his vocalisation and pronunciation.

While the boys were stretching and preparing to go over some choreography, they were visited by GOT7's Jinyoung and JB. The boys greet them with the group introduction, and the GOT7 members explain that they heard many good things from their younger members BamBam and Yugyeom and wanted to see for themselves.

"Oh, there's only seven people here," JB points out, looking at the group in curiosity.
"Ah yes, two of our members were eliminated," Chan replies, causing everyone to look down sadly.

Everybody sits down, and the seniors give advice to the boys about how to do well in a live broadcast and just talk to the boys in general about the team. Then they ask to see the performances they're preparing and giving feedback for the songs.

Recording their new song:
At JYPE headquarters, the boys were all in a studio ready to record their new song Young Wings with 1TAKE as their composer.

They start with Jeongin's recording, and everybody is shocked by how much his skills have improved recently. His voice sounds a lot more stable now, so after a few tries everybody is satisfied with his parts. Seungmin and Jisung complete theirs relatively quickly, with everybody cringing at Jisung's killing part.