intro: i am not (episode 1)

A/N: I'm hoping to have the second part of this done later today, so there's likely going to be a double update :)

You nervously moved to sit in the chair in the studio, before smiling at the camera and the staff who were behind it.
"Annyeonghaseyo I'm Byeol from Stray Kids," you bowed politely before continuing, "Today we are here to talk about our debut album, I Am Not," you say happily, quietly clapping and cheering to yourself.

The staff ask you to introduce a song on the album that's important to you, so you thought of what to say for a few moments before turning back to the camera.
"I actually helped write some of the lyrics for the song Grow Up, mainly the second verse and the hook. The meaning of the song is really special to me. I used to doubt myself a lot, and I still do, but after meeting the boys they gave me the strength and encouragement that I needed. They made me realise that I'm doing better than I think, so I wanted to express that through this song. This song gives me a lot of strength and hope, so I want people to get the same effect when they listen to it," you finish with a smile, proud of yourself for introducing the song with such confidence.

"What was recording like?"
"We has so much fun when we were recording for this album," you exclaim excitedly, " The boys always try their best to make sure I'm not too nervous and they always make sure I'm happy which I really appreciate. In a lot of my parts I have to harmonise or rap with one of the other members, so they show me the correct way to do my parts but they also let me execute it in my own style which makes it much more fun for me," you smile.

"Okayyyy Byeollie are you ready?" You heard Chan's voice through the headphones you were wearing, smiling as you responded with an affirmative. You were getting ready to record your parts for the album.

All the boys were there when you were recording to support you, but Chan was currently directing. They all know you're nervous and how bad your insecurities can get, so they always try their best to compliment you often and make sure you're feeling as happy and comfortable as possible. Since you rap and sing, all the boys tend to stay when you record so you can get all of their input and advice.

"Whenever she's recording all the kids help Byeol out, and when we record she always stays behind and gives us a lot of moral support. She acts like our cheerleader. She always managed to make us feel better and more confident while we're recording, and she gives us a lot of energy in that way so recording becomes a lot more fun for us." Chan explains in his interview with a light chuckle. "It's always really cute because she wears her big glasses and one of our hoodies while we record, so she has sweater paws and just looks so adorable," he says with a smile at the memory.

"She always learns quickly and does the parts really well. I wish she would be more confident, because she definitely is very skilled and she's constantly improving as well," Changbin explains.

"Byeollie probably won't mention this, but she helped me a lot with writing the English lyrics for our bonus track Mixtape #1," Felix begins to explain, "I knew what kind of meaning I wanted to convey but Byeol helped me put it into words and so we ended up writing the lyrics together. She really is good at writing lyrics and has a lot of good ideas, so it's always helpful to have her with us. She helps the 3RACHA members a lot too, when they produce and write lyrics."

Back at your interview, the staff members ask you about it.
"Felix told us that you helped him with the lyrics for Mixtape #1," they prompt, to which you let out a shy smile for a few moments.
"Nooo it was honestly all his idea, I was just giving him suggestions. Felix oppa knew what he wanted to say and he's really good at writing lyrics, I was just helping him put it into English and giving ideas for how he could word it. It really was all his ideas. Felix oppa just doesn't give himself enough credit," you explain.