Second Class

Nikki's POV

The private plane I was supposed to be on had mechanical issues. I was so impatient to get home I booked a commercial flight. Now I've been moved to second class it seems there is a wealthier VIP on board. I'm not a snob so I didn't get pissy over it. I had just hoped for a peaceful flight without conversation. I'm nervous about the corvid 19 virus and bringing it home to my family. Even though the cases seem to be down We are still required to wear masks on flight. Sighing I wait to find out who is going to share my space. It appears here she comes black hair with a little grey mixed in and dark eyes. She wears a black shirt that says Mama Wolf, a mask with wolf teeth and a pair of blue jeans. She moves silently for the fact she's wearing hiking boots. She takes her sit quietly. Glancing over at me I see recognition in her eyes. I can see her blush shyly around her mask. She nods her head respectfully. She does seem really nervous.

"Your first time on a plane." I ask.

"No but I prefer to keep my paws firmly on the ground." She answers with a chuckle. I laugh at her humor.
"What are you doing in Wyoming? Are looking for a vacation home?" She asks.  It's a nice place.

"I'm not Sure yet." I shrug. "Is LA your destination?" I ask changing the subject.

"Yes I'm meeting my fiance there." She sighs. "We are getting married in a couple of days."

I'm not sure how to comment she doesn't seem like she's jumping for joy over her up coming wedding.

Nicole's POV

I close my eyes for a moment its not really a marriage more of a mating ritual. I mate the strongest of my new pack. The one who can catch me. My inner wolf will choose. It's tough being part of a species with so few females. We have little choice of who we mate. Since Tom passed I've been pushed to move on quicker. All I know is I always miss my children. They belong to their father's pack and stay behind. I watch my fellow passenger he seems lost for words. I guess I should act happier about it.

Can't really help admiring him my heats coming on. The mask I'm wearing and don't really need does nothing to block his scent. He is sexy, healthy and I can get around his little surgery. I have curtain abilities that have made me sought after as a mate even at my age. Damn Mr Nikki Sixx you would give me beautiful babies. I smirk behind my mask at my thoughts. To bad he's married and I'm meant for a wolf otherwise I might try my luck. It wouldn't really be breaking my vows would it. He's human I'd have to be human too. I've only ever mated as a wolf. That's just the way it has to be for me. I push aside my amorous thoughts and try to act more excited about my upcoming wedding.

"Are you getting cold feet?" He winks.

"No it's full speed ahead." I laugh. I feel the plane begin to taxi on the runway. I groan nervously. I don't like being out of control of my movement or the feeling of being confined.

"Hey it's ok everything will be alright." He says soothing and squeezes my hand.

"If you say so." I whisper and close my eyes.
Once were up in the air I try to relax. Nikki talks with me attempting to keep my mind off where I'm at. He asks about my fiancé which is really hard for me to answer since I don't know who he is yet. I mean I know who the male wolves are who will be part of the mating run. But I don't know which one will be my mate. So I give him a made up name and stay vague on the subject. I really wish I was being given a choice in this. I'm not sure I'm ready. I guess when my heat hits I will be. I wish I could fall in love. Someday maybe, but not yet.

Nikki's Pov

Nicole is finally asleep. I'm left to my own thoughts. Why do I feel there is more to this women's story? I chuckle most of what she said was bull shit. She doesn't lie very well. If she wants to keep some secrets who am I to complain. I didn't want conversation to begin with. Now I'm bored. Aren't I being fickle.

Jerking awake to the sound of an explosion I look around at the panic expressions of my fellow passengers. Then I glance out my window the left engine is on fire. The plane begins to shake as it begins a sharp decent. Everything goes to hell quickly the attendant is trying to calm everyone and get them belted in. I can hear crying and sounds of panic. I make sure I'm buckled. I doubt it will make a difference. I take a deep breath.

"Oh God" all I can think of about is my  family. I look at Nicole the look in her eyes is one of fear. I grab her hand as much for myself as her. The lights go out. I must be seeing shit her eyes have a night shine like my goldens.

Nicole's POV

I'm fighting my wolf instinct. My inner wolf wants to escape but there is nowhere to go. I want to fight the straps holding me. Nikki reaches for my hand. I let him take it. I'm barely controlling the change. My teeth and nails are elongating. I swallow hard as the plane continues its dive. It's happening so fast. I can hear hearts race and rapid breathing. I can smell fear. The plane groans and shutters as it continues it decent. I can hear the Captain's warning, brace for impact. The huge passenger jet finally hits the earth plowing through trees and dirt as it comes apart at its seams. The sounds of its impact, shredding metal, and human screams echo in my ears. Then deathly silence.