Discovery

Nikki's Pov

Damn she's running a fever. She shaking. I don't know what happened. Maybe an infected wound.

"Nicole are you hurt somewhere?" I ask.

She hides her face against my chest. She whimpers softly.

"Nicole look at me." I urge. I don't know why she would hide an injury. She has had such an abnormal childhood. Maybe it's part of the way she was taught. I place my finger under her chin and gently urge her to look me. I stare I can't help it. Her eyes are lit. Her teeth are longer. I'm freaked out but more curious. I have to know if my crazy suspicions were correct.
"Are you a werewolf?" I ask.

"Yes that's what humans call us." She answers. Some of her story makes sense to me now.

"What's wrong with you?" I gently stroke her flushed cheek. She moans softly.

"I'm in heat." She says blushing.

"Oh is the fever normal." I ask.

"Only if I don't breed." She answers shyly. I'm burning up fuel I would use during the mating hunt and chase."

"Is it painful?" I listen to her whimper.

"I ache a little." She sighs.

I have to admit she's turning me on. Her eyes half lidded. Her lips slightly parted. She smells so good. I groan. The woman is running on pure instinct. I remind myself I'm married. I run my fingertips down her side anyway. Her reaction is immediate. She moans and writhes under my touch encouraging me. Her skin is so hot. I wander what it would be like to thrust deep into that heat. I groan at my errant thoughts. Oh god she smells and feels so good. I should stop touching but I can't seem to stop once I've started. I caress her breasts through her top. She moans its like each time I caress it's a relief to her. My mind has become so clouded with lust I can't resist anymore. I kiss her parted lips and catch her panting breath. I pull away and pull off her top. I unsnap her jeans. Tugging them off along with her panties I toss the clothes to the side. She reaches up and tears my shirt to reach bare skin. If I was having a coherent thought it was gone now. I've never felt this kinda loss of control before. I unbutton my jeans. She helps shoving them down around my hips. She opens for me. I sink between her thighs and thrust into her heat. I kiss her softly. Her expression is so wide eyed. I bite her lower lip before I start a slow rhythm. I speed up with each thrust. She meets my skin with sweet abandon. I can feel her tighten around me. Her body arching against me. She growls low as she cums. Driving deep I cum. Growling I bite her shoulder. She howls it's a joyful sound.

I roll off and lay on my back panting. The high slowly slips away leaving feelings of guilt. I had just cheated on my wife.
The little creature beside me nuzzles close. I snap.

"Get away from me." I say anger in my tone.

She looks at me, hurt in her eyes. In a blink of an eye she's a wolf and she disappears into the darkness. In the distance I hear a lonely sounding howl. I just roll to my side and groan in misery.

Nicole's pov

I wander into camp in the morning still in wolf form. I have hunted. I drop the rabbit in front of Nikki. I take my ground squirrel to the other side of the fire. Laying down facing away from him I eat my own breakfast.

"Thank you." He whispers.

I grunt in between taking a bite.

"Is this your way of not talking to me." He asks.

I grunt again.

"Ok then." He sighs. "I had a long time to think last night after you left. I know you were only trying to keep me warm last night. You weren't trying to seduce me. You were just acting on instinct. Any other time you've been respectful of my marriage. It's me who fucked up. I'm sorry. I was cruel."

I turn to look at him. He sounded sincere. It wasn't really his fault either. I get up wander over and press my head against his shoulder.

"You except my apology." He asks.

I nod once.

"You're not ready to face me as a human."

I shake my head no.

"Ok" he takes care of the rabbit as I go back to my squirrel.

"Thanks for healing me last night. Now I know Why I was healing so fast." He smiles.

I'm afraid to tell him being with me during my heat has awakened his wolf. Some dormant genes have flip on. His eyes shined he had teeth. He finished  healing himself last night. I didn't. He healed everything. So he also bred me last night. It will be a couple weeks to see if I'm carrying cubs. The LA pack aren't going to be happy with me. They have waited a long time for a breeder. I want to be pregnant these cubs wouldn't belong to a pack. I wouldn't have to ever leave them behind. I return to Nikki and curl up next him. He strokes my fur as he waits for his food to cook. I look up at him. I have to tell him. I can't let him go home not knowing why he is changing.  I wonder if he will make the full shift. Some hybrids don't, x hybrids don't. Should I tell him if I'm having cubs? Nikki marked me, claimed me last night. He freed me from the four Nightmares I've heard since I was twelve. Last night was the first time I've mated in my human form too. It meant something special to me. I remind myself he's married to another. I bury my nose between my paws. I'm so confused.