A Wolf's Desire

Nikki's POV

It's been a full week since we saw any sigh of Damon's pack. Everyone is still on high alert.

"Are you prepared for tonight." Nyx smirks interrupting my train of thought.

"As much as we can be." I roll my eyes and chuckle. Taya is coming into full heat tonight. There are so many wolves here that the alpha's had the males draw lots to see who will run. The rest will be commanded to be calm.

"She's been preparing for a week." Nyx comments.

"How does a female prepare." I ask curious.

"They eat for calories. They run to gain strength and agility. The more powerful and intelligent she is the fitter the male has to be. It also readies her body for a multiple pregnancy." She grins. My mother trained for months before she left to join Damon's pack. She wanted to test their metal. My mother has only bred with alphas and betas. She also knew it it would be an multiple mating. Damon is weak. He has no actual control that isn't fear based."

"Oh god she expected to be mauled." I growl.

"That's why Jake insisted his daughter run on his territory with other alphas here to help control them. Damon is damaged all wolf and hybrid females sense it." Nyx huffs.

"Why has he been allowed to lead a pack? I ask agitated. Images of a wounded Nicole surface.

"No one wanted bloodshed." She answers. "I always felt my Mama was going as a sacrificial lamb. I'm so glad you're here." Nyx nearly knocks me off my feet with a tight hug. I hug her back and set the little woman back on her feet. I gain my composure by asking another question.

"Is there a difference between what happened with Ava and what will happen tonight?

"Yes some, it will be more intense. The males will be competing for the right breed. There will also be a hunt. The males will hunt and Taya will blood the kill. Then they run. Once they've mated. Taya and her mate or mates return to the kill to feed. Sometimes an open mating leads to marriage." She answers casually. "Did you know Decker has been selected to run? Do you think he will except?" She drops the bomb and trots off giggling leaving me speechless.

Sure enough Decker is over with the other men flirting and nuzzling with Taya and her partner Britta. His eyes glowing bright. The father in me wants to interfere. Ask if he's ready. The man knows he's old enough to make his own choices. He's not putting himself in a easy position neither woman in Nicole's words has a taste for men. They probably won't want anything to do with him after. I look for Jake I'm not happy with him putting my son in this. I find him talking to his brothers about the mating. How to to keep the runners safe.

"Jake why?" I huff.

"Because I want the best for my daughter and your son has no bias over her sexuality like the rest." He answers without any reservation.

"What about my son's feelings over his children?!" I growl.

"Taya would never separate her children from their father. I'm insulted that you would think so!" He growls back.

"Easy you two." Jeff steps between us.

"I'm sorry." We both say relaxing.

"I've been divorced twice. I just never wanted my boys to feel the same separation from their children." I whisper.

"Nikki I know I'm being selfish on behalf of my daughter. It's not just his gentleness. It's his heritage. Jill and Sirona have figured out your lineage. Your family are the only know descendants of the Tuscany pack. They were thought to be extinct. They were powerful. I want that status for my daughter and grandchildren. Her status dropped when they thought she would never have children."

"I don't know want to think Jake. I just want my son to be happy." I sigh and turn to leave.

"Nikki there is something else you need to know. Your Alpha descent The Council wants to push you into challenging Damon for leadership of the LA pack. I've argued that your only desire is to be a family man and you are not trained as a warrior. But they are determined. It would end the battle before it starts." He states.

"You're right I don't want it. I moved here for my family I won't go back to LA. I like it here in Wyoming." I turn and walk off I need to find Nicole and Jason.

I'm chasing Nicole. Her dark fur shines as she moves among the trees. My only desire is to catch her. There are other males with me. I snarl and snap at them.

"Mine!" I howl.

Ahead Nicole teases by slowing. Then at the last minute darting away. Growling my frustration I charge forward and finally snag her with my front paw. We roll together on the leaf covered ground. I'm up and standing over her. I warn the other males away with a snarl. They shy away and slip into the night. She rubs and nuzzles me. I pull her to me with my paws and mount her. Driving deep I begin to thrust. I feel myself swell till we're tied. I howl in triumph as I cum breeding her.
I jerk awake my dick hard as a rock. I hear the howls from outside Taya's mating run has started. I roll away from Courtney. I'm not going to use her after I've dreamt of another. My eyes quickly adjust to the dark of our room. I was finally able to separate myself from Nicole. I think Jason was happy he was getting a little grouchy. Out of respect for Courtney being in the bed he wasn't getting any sex. I wonder out to the kitchen. I need a drink of water. As I stand at the sink I feel Nicole's soft touch on my back. I knew she was there by her scent as soon as she entered the room. I just didn't know what to do.

"Are you alright?" She asks in a whisper. I turn slowly to her. I smell her unique scent and the scent of her pregnancy. I glance at her stomach it has gotten rounder and she's barely five weeks.

"I'm fine it's just the lust in the air." I chuckle. "How are you?"

"Very settled with my pregnancy hormones." She smiles.

"Not feeling it?" I tease.

"It's a little hard not to with all the lust in the air." She grins.

Her eyes are glowing a beautiful honey color. My earlier dream still lingers fresh in my mind. I nuzzle her and lift her in my arms. Sitting her on the counter I spread her legs so I can stand between. My lips are so close to hers. She sighs sweetly.

"Nicole." I moan.

"Nikki." She looks down avoiding my kiss. "It's just our inner wolves. Go back to bed with Courtney."

She pushes me away gently. I'm confused for a moment. Then I feel ashamed. I kiss the top of her head and touch her tummy before I help her down. When I reach the door I glance back. Her head is down and her fingertips trace the mark I left on her shoulder. I go back to bed as she told me to do, guilty feelings and all. I sigh. Damned if I'm not still horny. Damned inner wolf.